Friday, March 9, 2012

Things I've Learned this week...

*I learned how to play chess and Jake is the one who taught me how to play.  He has been wanting a chess set and for Christmas I found one on the dollar aisle at Target.  We just now got it out today for homeschooling and March=Math Month which is going smashingly (is that a word? I swear I have heard someone with a British accent say that before so naturally as I type I am speaking in my head with one).  I learned that I am a math smarty pants after all. I beat the pants off of Jake after him stomping me several times before I got the hang of it. He is smiling in this one because he was happy he taught me so well.  A few games later of me winning he wasn't smiling at me so much.  Is he too old to let win?...
*I re-learned that having a house on the market requires a lot of work but it really is nice when every room in the house is clean and tidy.  With two families living in a house and all the painting, and weeding out of stuff it has been a while since it has been.  Mom you will be so happy when you get home and you see your cute little house all show ready. :)

*I learned that eos (don't know what it stands for...) is awesome lip balm.  Try it you will love it.  I am a bit of a lip balm addict so you can take my word: it works and it smells delightful!  I also learned that lavender nail polish makes me happy. :)
*I learned that sometimes this is the best place to do homeschooling and that I am extremely blessed to be able to be teaching and learning from this very smart boy. 
*I learned that the second book in the Hunger Games series (can't remember what it is called at the moment.  When you read a book on your Kindle you don't see the title all that often) is almost as hard to put down as the first one. 

*I  learned that seeing someone else lose their dog brings back a flood of memories of the two sweet dogs we have lost.  I know if you are not a dog person you don't get it but they are part of the family and it is hard.  We are thinking of you Nana as you mourn the lose of your sweet Pooha.  We will miss her too.  I am sure she is rolling in a meadow happily in Heaven with Sam, Abby, Daisy, Emily, and all the other dogs that we have been blessed to have in our lives.  We love you Nana....
(This is a picture of me holding Pooha as we went on a walk while we were dog sitting.)