Thursday, March 8, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things....

Are you singing it in your head?  At least once a day I am singing that song in my head...or maybe out loud.  Any who!  My new Thursday thing is going to be my favorite things.  (Things not people.)  This week I have too many things I love but I tried to limit myself.


Early birthday presents! Who doesn't love that?  No my birthday isn't coming up (it is almost 3 months away) and neither is Ranee's  (my sister-in-law.  Hers is 4 months away) but that didn't stop us from buying each other early gifts because we both found things we couldn't live with out.  We were out shopping this past weekend for all the decorations we need to throw another sister-in-law a baby shower (which is going to be A-MA-ZING!  I will post pictures of it in a couple of weeks after we throw it) and ran across these little must haves. 

We both fell in love with the set of birds and got them for each other.  (See how that works? You don't have to feel guilty for buying yourself something because you didn't.  Genius, I know.)   If you know me than you know Robin's egg blue is my favorite color and the little bird family match my dishes PERFECTLY!  I have already named the big mama bird after a yard statue in our neighborhood that Jake and I call "Fatty Chickerson".  Haven't named the babies yet.  And yes it is mandatory to name all cute statues of creatures in our house.

They were all on sale 40% off  and we both spent around $14 on each other. Ranee loved a candle holder that looked like an open flower.  You set the candle inside the petals.  I loved it too until I saw my  flying pig and I about sucked all the air out of the room from excitement.  I never knew how badly I NEEDED a white flying pig statue until I saw this and I knew my life would never be the same again...I. HAD. TO. HAVE. THAT. PIG.  I am in love...I haven't thought of a name for him/her yet but it will come to me...Any ideas?
They have both found a home in the kitchen (the flying pig will be in the living room when we get "my" house down in SC-cross your fingers).  The little pig has been in  a couple of different spots...I haven't decided where I like it best yet...Right now it is sitting next to another one of my favorite things.  My Southern Living At Home Gail Pittman hand painted bowl...I got it for throwing a party with the hostess rewards I earned.  Sadly, Southern Living At Home doesn't exist anymore {sigh}-the home decorating party at home part (it merged with some other company and isn't the same...).  The magazine still exists thank goodness!



The family of birds has found a home next to another favorite thing.  My glass serving bowl I got at IKEA for $2.99 filled with bananas almost ready to make banana bread with since we aren't eating them fast enough.  That reminds me I haven't ever shown the after of my mom's kitchen!  This is the new counter top and back splash.


The back splash is made to look like bead board but it isn't wood so it is SO easy to clean and perfect for a kitchen.  I love my stuff in my mom's kitchen. :)  This cute kitchen is attached to an adorable house that has been on the market for a week tomorrow and 2 people have already looked at it and are coming back for 2nd looks!  Keep us in your prayers so we can all get our dream houses in SC!  Can you see my pig in this picture?  It is up on the top shelf.  I think I like that spot better.  What do you think?



 Another one of my favorite things that I do not have but will some day is this adorable picture of a pig jumping off a dock.  A friend of mine has this framed in her house and I have been searching for it ever since I drooled over it when I first saw it.  Guess where I found a picture of it?  Did you guess Pinterest?  If you did than you are right.  I think I may be falling in love with pigs....



 Speaking of Pigs...and Pinterest! I also found this cute little saying/picture that is reminding me to exercise.  I kind of love it....

What are some of your favorite things this week?  (If I knew how to do it I would do one of those little Linky things and have this be a blog hop...but I am not that high tech...)