Thursday, March 15, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things....

The *'s are the few of my favorite things...



 *Sweat pants with pockets and funny dances you can do with them.  'nuff said....


*Using March 14th (3.14) as an excuse to make pie and eat it too.  Hope you had a happy Pi day too!


*Our pies of choice were and chocolate peanut butter pie and  frosty pumpkin pie.
We decided to crush up Reese's peanut butter cups (regular and white chocolate) and sprinkle it on top.  Great decision. We also lazily bought an Oreo crust rather than making it...another good decision. :)  We will make it some time in the future without cheating on the crust and see if it is better.


*This funny print we found when we searched "happy pi day".
We even made a bleach pin t-shirt with the idea (minus the face. You will see it later.  It popped up out of order and I didn't feel like moving it all around.)
*Proof that I too was making the pies. Those are my hands folding in the cool whip.

*Having a bowl that my mom used when I was little.  Last summer at Camp (that is a cabin my Grampa built on a lake.  It's name is Camp...)  my mom told me it was okay to take 2 bowls she donated to Camp YEARS ago...Thanks Mom for letting me take home some of my childhood memories.  I will replace them with some cheap ones from Walmart I swear.


*Making an extra pie to bring to our neighbors.

(Note to self don't forget about the frosty pumpkin pie in the freezer...It had to be frozen 6 hours or overnight.  I don't make pie much and may forget it is even in there....)


*Eating pie that looks that good and turned out to be THAT good.


*Finding Star Wars glasses at Ross a few months ago that my guys love.

*Being part of a family that celebrates Pi day and has Star Wars glasses.
*Finding these thicker than usual composition notebooks at Target.  Aaron told me I should write down things as they come to me because I should write a book.  He is probably just saying that because I want to write a book and had a dream a while ago that really feels like it could be a book...I figured since he suggested I should that it was a good excuse to buy something cute to write it in...I just couldn't pick between the 2...


*Bleach pens.
*Bleach pen shirts.
They both rock.
Breaking my own rules (these are supposed to be my favorite "things" not people.  Oh well it's my blog...)

*The cute boy (who in this picture has just gotten back from Cub Scouts, taken a shower, and was ready to eat some pie and watch one of his favorite shows: Lego Ninjago.)  that thinks I am the best bleach pen t-shirt artist in the world and wanted me to make his t-shirt instead of doing it himself.

(Yes, Aaron was there for the eating of the pie and I made him a Pi shirt for Christmas that he wore 2 days before Pi day and wouldn't humor and put it on for picture...Remember he is a picture taking party pooper but he is one of my *'s too...)