Friday, March 2, 2012

Fill in the blanks Friday...

While checking out a new to me blog I saw this idea from another new to me blog and wanted to try it because it is raining and all I feel like doing is blogging...and apparently writing run on sentences...Anywho! Here goes:

1.  The highlight of my week was   spending the morning doing yard work with my 10 year old son and listening to him saying over and over: "Nee (that is what he has always called my mom...literally one of his first words) is going to love this!".  We were surprising her and my dad while they are out of the country by putting plants and flowers in their yard, window boxes, and pots.

2.   If I had to classify my interior design aesthetic it would be   called: "whatever I feel like at the moment".  I love to do interior decorating but my style doesn't really have a category to fit in.  Maybe modge-podge would be a good name for it...Or "childhood memories".  I have been obsessed with colors from my childhood (robin's egg blue and red) for the past 5 years and I just put the connection together this past summer...Funny how memories creep in.

3.  My first vehicle was   VW Jetta, burgandy, stick shift...My sister and I shared it and I loved it right up until the day she got in an accident (not her fault and she was fine) and totaled it. {tear} .

4. An item I need to have in my day in order to function is  ...wow, this is a hard one. Lately it has been garlic toast for breakfast.  Weird I know but oh so good...

5. My favorite way to waste time is  by blogging or Pinterest-ing (?).

6. Right now I could really go for   a Dr. Pepper-fully leaded-not caffeine free or diet or 10. The real deal with ice....

7.  This weekend I will be  going to SC to see my hubby's family and having lots of fun !  We are planning one of my sister-in-laws baby shower and of course using tons of ideas from where else? PINTEREST! Maybe seeing the Lorax since it is raining, going to church, and starting to read the book that comes after "Hunger Games"...whatever it is called.


In case you were wondering that new to me blog that does Fill in the blank Friday is called the little things we do.  If haven't read anything else on her blog (so I am not endorsing her insights or opinions in any way.) except this but it sounded so fun I had to try it.  It was fun.  Based on this post alone I would call her a genius. :)You should totally try it....You will like it I promise...