Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Memory Lane...

Oh look! Here's a post now! I should doing anything but this but...There is no "but" just a few words....
I had several Rubbermaid containers of all of Jake's school work from preschool right up until 8th/9th grade!  The big kid work is pretty boring stuff.  No hearts with words of adoration for me-just math problems that take up half a page.  The times they are a changing!  And I am changing my mind about keeping everything single thing Jake has ever created.  So I purged.  I kept more than I should.  I have to keep the homeschooling stuff but that is all kept tidy in huge binders...So the containers were really more like preschool through fourth grade.  I took tons of pictures and threw lots of stuff away.  And it felt amazing!  It took me one evening.  That is all.  And my quest for organization and freedom from chaos is still in full affect!  Here is some of the cuteness that my sweet boy created.  He has always been a genius, but not much of a speller. :)




I even tossed the elementary school yearbooks.  I took pictures of his pictures and the let it go...right into the garbage bag!

Check out this awesome eagle.
While I was doing this Aaron was using a new program (since he doesn't have CAD any more) to design a 3D look at a house we are getting ready to buy, fix up, and flip....what?  More on that later.  Aaron is starting up a business venture with a few other people...
Bless Jake's sweet little heart.  He was missing me on his first day of kindergarten...but I promise I was crying much more than he was.  I don't recall any tears on his part, but maybe they happened some time during the day.  I cried as soon he was out of my sight!
Turkey hunting apparently interested him...
I can't even...This is too precious to toss!







He was already nice to me!...I am wondering if we had a bad day when he wrote this...He doesn't seemed scarred so I won't worry too much about it.

This was our house in Fletcher.  I remember we pulled his little table outside and sat out in the rain (I held an umbrella over us) to color this.  It was in a frame in our kitchen.  No, I did not throw this away!!!

This was just one of the containers that was full to overflowing...Now we can use it to get out paperwork better organized.
The pile of trash...
What I kept.
And this stuff too...I went from 3 over flowing containers to one.  I am calling it a success!