Thursday, December 1, 2011

Redneck Thanksgiving

I am running behind on posting (I know you are shocked!) so here is the quick version of our Thanksgiving.  We spent it in Spartanburg with the Harmon's and did it up right-Redneck style!  Here are 36 of the 88 pictures I took...I know that is a lot-cutting it down to 36 was hard...

Jake sitting on Papa's new toy: A four wheeler...
Riannon and Jake...
The big boys playing with the toys...
Doing nail swirly style....
The nail polish in the water.  Pretty don't you think?
Of course we shot guns.  Here are my 2 guys with a very LOUD one....
Here are the dogs in "jail".  Look at Sadie (on the far left)-she is rolling her eyes that I am taking their picture.  Aaron and Jake your PTPP attitude is even wearing off on Sadie. :)
Papa Harmon and Aaron frying the turkey.  Aaron decided for every picture I took on Thanksgiving he was going to stick out his tongue...At least he was letting me take pictures of him!
Can you say delicious?...
I had to take a picture of my beloved bread maker.  It may have done it's last batch of rolls...It has been dying for a while (we got it as a wedding gift and we have been married for 14 years so it is old.) but the batch of rolls we made Thanksgiving morning in it, had it screeching like it wasn't going to make it.  Seriously it was making screeching noise.
"Two Papa's!" a quote from Jake when he was around 2 or 3, when both Papa Harmon and Papa G. were at the same place.  It was like it clicked in his little head for the first time that he had 2 Papa's. :) 
The kids were the first to dig in to the feast...Wait a minute!  I think Nana beat them to it! Check her out in the background sneaking a taste of something from the dessert table. Caught you Nana! :)
Ranee, Aaron (and his tongue), and Jeremy...
Piling the feast on the giant plates. They really are giant.  You don't have to go back for seconds when you use serving platters...You think I am kidding?  That really is what they are... :)
Jake made a snow man out of his mashed potatoes and ham.  We are so proud of his creativity. :)  Crazy kid!...
The senior table...
The cool table (I was sitting at this one too just so you know).  Aaron keeping up with the tradition of the day.  We decided Riannon could join us this time instead of sitting with the kiddos.  See how cool we are?..
The kiddos and Leah in the back ground-the rest of her table never did come back for a picture.  She could have been part of the cool table if Riannon hadn't been there, but Riannon is pretty cool so we couldn't kick her out. :)
The cousins that were able to make it.  We missed you Sara, Kayla, and Megan!!!...
And of course a silly one...
Jeremy and his Charlies Angel pose...
Ranee is practicing for the concealed weapons course...
Jake took some time to sit at Emily's (our black lab that we had to put to sleep because she had cancer) grave. 
Me and my favorite 10 year old...
Aaron forgot to stick out his tongue in this one. :)
Della found a new cool use for a neck pillow. :)
Black Friday started at 10pm on Thursday night so we made our way to Walmart...
Riannon had proof on her boot that people were a little pushy...
The fruits of our labor: DVD's for $1.96.  I got a couple for $5 too.  Shhhh! These are Christmas gifts...
In case you are wondering this is what it looked like at 10pm...I can only imagine what it looked like at midnight when the big stuff went on sale!  We called it a night and skipped Target opening at midnight like we planned.  The only thing on our list was $5 flannel Lego Star Wars PJ pants for Jake-not worth the chaos...
The rest of the weekend looked like this...

Riannon had a zit on her nose-one of those painful ones that is under the skin.  I told her about the toothpaste trick to pull it to the surface.  She was kind enough to let me take her picture with it on her nose. :) 
We split some wood and stacked it at the Martin's and then at the Harmon's.  We were trying to work off some calories we took in.
Nana asked me to paint her mailbox.  Della was my assistant and it turned out she was good enough to help me finish quicker!  Thanks Della.  Oh yeah-like my layers? (I hadn't done anything to my hair...) Ranee gave me a hair cut.  I can always talk her into it. No she isn't a hairdresser-she is just my hairdresser.  I don't believe in paying to get my hair cut.  Why would I when I have a sister-in-law that will do it for free!  Thanks Ranee! :)
We also looked at a house that has been on the market off and on for the past 7 years-for the fun of it.  I love it!  We are hoping Aaron will get a teaching position here for the next school year and crossing our fingers that it will still be on the market.  It is perfect for us!  It is three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, 2 car garage, fenced in back yard that backs up to the woods, living and family rooms...I love it...Not sure why it hasn't sold-except they had it priced too high for some of those years.  Now they just want to sell it and are willing to negotiate-big time!  It is smaller than other houses in the neighborhood.  Ranee and Jeremy looked at it a couple of years ago (when they were buying a home) and really liked it except that the bedrooms were a little too small to put two kiddos in.  It would fit us perfectly!  You can see the corner of it in the background of the picture of me and Della painting.  Two doors down from Nana and Papa Harmon and right up the road (with in walking/biking distance in a neighborhood that allows children to do those things safely!) from the Martin's (COUSINS!!!).  Keep your fingers crossed...This is the second home in the neighborhood that I have owned in my dreams... :)

This is Jake and Sadie on the way home from Spartanburg.  How cute are they? 
And that is the quick version of an awesome weekend in South Carolina. Hope you were able to spend your Thanksgiving with the ones you love too!