Friday, December 2, 2011

This is what a decade looks like...

I can't believe it has been a decade already...Yes, Jake turned 10 three months ago and we just got around to his annual photo shoot (don't look back for last years because it didn't happen for the first time in his whole life...I am okay with it though.  It seemed fitting in our crazy life to let it go...since I take tons of other pic's any way.).  I have realized that the more important events (Jake's b-day, my parents getting home from their mission, our month long vacation in VT...for a few examples) are the ones I don't post about.  Probably because I am the busiest around those times.  Whatever the reason, this year is almost over and I have a whole lost of stuff to post about before 2012...I will start with a celebration (3 months late) of our baby turning one decade old.  Where has the time gone?

I am not a photographer but I pretend to be.  Here are some of my favorites.  Some are goofy. Some are just for fun.  Some are moments when Jake is SO ready to be done (it's not hard to figure out which ones those are.)  Some are so Jake and those are my favorite.  I am going to number them so tell me which ones you like the best (Nana, Nee, Aunts, relatives, friends: Christmas cards are going to be going out soon....)

In no specific order...#1-I keep seeing the whole frame thing and I like it so I thought we would try it.  Turns out is was too heavy to hold out at arms length long enough to get the perfect shot...So, we tried it sitting down.  Don't you love the hat.  What a stylish dude.
#2-Just getting warmed up...What should I do with my arms?
#3-Jumping for joy? No were are not even close to done dude...
#4-Love this goofy kid...
#5-I am going to play around with this one and get his face to not be quit so pale looking, but I had to post it because I love it.
#6-Love...
#7-I love this one...I caught him giggling.  Not the best but I just love it because it is so Jake.
#8-Aaron says this looks like an album cover.  We were walking back to the car...or so Jake thought...We weren't done yet but I didn't tell him that...
#9-Jake wanted to do this one.  The first try he threw it so high it wasn't even in the picture! This was try number 2. :)
#10-Jake was done at this point and was trying to ignore me...The attitude actually helped because the rest are some of my fav's
#11-This was him pretending to smile when he was being grumpy...
#12-But then it turned into this...I now the weed is kind of weird, but it was there and I kind of like it...
#13-a little closer up...He is so dang adorable...
#14-Same one just a more...zoomed out?...I told you I am not a pro...You know what I mean right?...
#15-LOVE. This. One.
#16-and this one....
#17-and this one....
#18-Okay so my compliments must have started to be reruns at this point because he wasn't buying it anymore...
#19-He's back for a couple of more SO Jake pic's...
#20-Ahhhh...This is really the last one I took.  In his eyes I see...sweet relief.


All the pain and agony was so worth it. I love my decade year old little man. He is funny, mature-but not (totally a kid) at the same time, kind, friendly, talkative (to ANYONE that will listen-customer service people thanks for your patience.  I know you have to act interested when a random kid tells you about the cool...whatever he thinks you will want to hear all about! :) ), smart, witty, goofy, on occasion he has a bit (understatement) of an attitude (it isn't fun when you see yourself in your child and it is in a bad moment not a good one...), amazing, loving, cuddly, sensitive, compassionate, and just plan wonderful.  Wonder how tall he will be in another decade...I wonder if his mission companion will be a good photographer to take his b-day picture for me....