Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's beginning to look (not feel) a lot like Thanksgiving!...

Picture me singing that to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".  Although it still doesn't feel like it...I have been loading up the car (with our short sleeves...) to head to Spartanburg for the weekend, [****NOTE TO WOULD BE BURGLARS:  Our house will not be empty this weekend.  Aaron is only going to be gone with us tonight and my Dad will be here at the house...So, just in case you think you know where I live and want to steal our valuables (we don't really have any by the way), some one will be here with a fire arm to stop you.  (Call me paranoid-I don't mind)****] in short sleeves, shorts and bare feet.  It is 65 degrees and I am sure there are people that don't think that is warm enough for summer attire, but I am actually in my pj's  because my clothes and flip flops (I don't wear shoes until I absolutely have to) are being held hostage in our bedroom (Aaron is taking a nap-he worked last night...all night).  But I am running around doing dishes (nope I didn't unload the dishwasher last night at midnight after I stopped blogging and reading your blogs), I went to sleep!  Smart of me don't you think?  I had to take a few pictures of why it is looking like fall...That is the whole point to this post...not all the rambling I just did.

I refer to this as "The big tree", very clever right?  The big tree is the reason for it looking a lot like fall in our yard.
This is what the brick walk way and drive way look like this morning:
The Fall Fairy's are singing and shining  praises on our lovely fall display...Okay, the sun was right behind the house and I was in a rush.  I took these pictures while packing the car so I didn't have time to take another one.
This is the pile of leaves that we are waiting for that "city" to come and suck up with  their cool leaf vacuum truck.  I wonder just how high the pile will be after we add our lovely big tree leaves to it....
And one pretty yellow leaf among the brown and my Barney Rubble feet (even when I was stick skinny my feet looked like this.  It is a real bummer when it comes to cute shoes...), just to prove I am barefoot and to show you what a lovely job Jake did painting my toes for me yesterday on our day off.  He even volunteered to do it!  I told him it was good practice for when he is married because his wife will really appreciate him if he paints her toes for her. Hint, hint Aaron... :) 
The Fall Fairy's even made a beautiful fall arrangement in the otherwise empty...what do you call that again?  Window flower holder...thingy.  That will work for now.  You know what I mean right?

I am so excited it is Thanksgiving!  It is official the holiday season is upon us.  We can listen to Christmas music and start pulling out the decorations-which I am actually excited to do this year.  Funny since I am tired of looking at all the stuff around here and now I am going to add to it...I don't add too much though and this is temporary stuff, so I am excited.  Last year I was not excited about putting out more stuff.  I was a little bah humbug last year for some reason.  But this year we are really focusing on the Savior's birth, so I know it will be worth the extra stuff. :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!