Thursday, November 17, 2011

If you are my nieces or nephews avert your eyes...

...unless you want to ruin your Christmas surprise!
Did you like my little rhyming one liner poem?  I didn't even plan it.  All this poetry we have been studying is filling my brain with grand ideas for poems.  I think I am a born poet and I didn't even know it. :)  But anyway that is a whole other post!
 Christmas is just over a month away?!?! When did that happen?  I saw this amazing idea on Pinterest and remembered I bought a ton of boys t-shirts for $1 on sale at Walmart.  It is a home made Christmas around here and I am LOVING IT!!!  Now that Jake knows (because we told him)  that ****WARNING DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN"T COME CLEAN YET**** Santa isn't real, I kind of feel a weight off my shoulders. 
I feel like I can give Jake more meaningful gifts because the gifts are from us not Santa.  I am thrilled and have big plans to have the kind of Christmas we should have been having the whole time!  More on that later too...Any who!  Grab an old or cheap t-shirt, a bleach pen, and some wax paper and get ready to create!  Jake and I had an art filled day last Friday and it was soooo fun.  We woke up extra early for some reason...I guess because it was my first good nights sleep with no steroids and I woke up-with help from Jake like usual-at 5 something.  I usually hate 5 something but not that morning.  We headed to Walmart (which I usually hate and avoid like the plague also) to see if we could find some cheap shirts for all the girl cousins.  We did and headed home to create.  This shirt is actually the first one I did the night before to test the process out and see if it really works.  It did and I was so excited.  I just kind of doodled on this swirly pattern (after putting the wax paper in between-2 layers to be safe) and waited...It took about 10 or 15 minutes.  They were really long minutes because I  
couldn't wait to see if it really would work and be as cool as it seemed. When it was ready I just stuck it in the kitchen sink and rinsed and scrubbed it off with dish soap and my cleaning brush.  Then you pop it in the washer and dryer and wa-la!  Awesome, homemade, personalized tee's!  I won't show all of them because I don't want to spoil it in case they sneak on here to see.  I am going to make a couple more for people who remain nameless...It is so much fun-you should try it!!!  It is kid friendly-but it will of course ruin any fabric it touches, so wear old clothes and clean up thoroughly.  Jake loved doing it and made a very cool shirt of his own.  With out giving too much away his shirt is a nickname my sister gave him (you will see it further along in this post...) and other peoples may...or may not have their nick names on it. :)  (Have you ever seen the movie Brother Bear?  If you have then you probably remember the song in it called "I'm on my way".  Well, long story short when Jake was little he had a raspy little voice and he was singing that song over and over again. Tina thought he was singing some rock song because of the way he was singing it. 
She was pretty surprised when she heard the original. :) ) Don't you love the way the shirt came out???  I am so excited to give everyone their gifts.  I hope they like them as much as I do. If you are a family member of mine and don't like the gifts I give you this year just pretend you do, okay? :)

See these cute little animal prints?  A friend of mine moved and gave these to me.  I have big plans for them-not as they are-but...well I can't say too much because the people that will be getting the final product do in fact read my blog.  I will post the after of what they become when the recipients open them. :)  I am getting so excited for Christmas!!!!  
Maybe the weather will get colder so it will feel like it is that time of year.  Jake had on shorts and a t-shirt yesterday.  It started cooling down this evening so I am HAPPY!  I am so ready for colder weather. I am ready to wear my sweaters and drink hot chocolate. And Jake will be too when I give him this blanket (that is becoming very huge) that I am crocheting him.  I crocheted a baby blanket for a baby shower and he asked when I was going to make him one.  Making it right now dude. :)  Aaron told me that the colors are pretty close to the Carolina Panthers colors...which I totally planned!.  Don't tell Jake I am making it-he doesn't read my blog so he will never know unless you do!  I also saw a very cool necklace
that someone made on Pinterest and decided to try it.  All I had was a paper clip and ribbon but I think it is still pretty cute.  In case you can't tell it is a bird.  Jake thought it was awesome and he tells me the truth about stuff like this, so I am giving it away for Christmas.  It was so fun to make that I got some wire at a craft store to try to create other fun little things...Turns out paper clips are easier to use.  I will keep trying with the real stuff and see what happens.  Okay, so I have rambled on enough.  If you are pulling your hair out wondering what you are going to do for Christmas you should really try the bleach pen t-shirts.  I am officially addicted and am thinking about buying stock in bleach pens because it is such
a cool idea I know you are all going to run out and  
buy some to make your own.  :)  I have other projects I am working on that I will of course post about later. A majority of my ideas have some from...can you guess where? PINTEREST.  I love Pinterest...As Jake was telling me "whoever thought of Pinterest must be rich."  I hope they are because they so deserve to be.  :)

Oh and Aaron-if you are reading this:  YOU MUST  I want you and Jake to make me a bleach pen t-shirt for Christmas...okay?  I even have an old t-shirt that you can use.  I have 3 you can choose from  and I won't know what you guys are putting on it, so it will still be a surprise. :)