Friday, November 4, 2011

Remember two things...

That is a little Dave Matthews reference for any other fans out there. Did anyone catch it?  I will be really impressed if you did.  Really it is just a catchy title to say I have 2 things I want to say and to remember.  Because sometimes I forget...

*We have old cars.  I am glad because when you have an amazing husband like I do, you don't have to pay tons of money to repair said cars.  New cars require being hooked up to a computer so it's microchips (or whatever) can tell the mechanic what it wrong with it.  Our cars are too old to be so fancy.  Aaron saved us $400 (which may as well been a million since we are poor college students) by being manly enough to fix the alternator on the Jeep.  He is pretty darn awesome...And cute too if I do say so myself.

*I went to the doctor today for my follow up on the whole not being able to breath thing. (Asthma does that to you sometimes.)  She said I sound much better (and I feel much better) and was pleased.  I admitted that I dusted, vacuumed, did laundry, took Jake to his book club, and then his b-ball evaluation for Upward...and that I felt it's effects last night with a long coughing attack.  My inhaler did work to stop it and I could breath again. To this she said: "I am glad your inhaler worked but you must take it easy."  Oh right I forgot...So, I learned for the 2nd time this week that I need to let my lungs recover.  I just couldn't stop myself.  I had to vacuum Jake's room because he has allergies (and he is a sad vacuumer-he gets that from his dad.)...and after that I just couldn't stop!  Why do we do this as women?  Any way-I am officially resting until my 10 days of steroids are done...I hope I don't go insane by then.  I am on day 4 of 10...One major bummer of the steroids...guess what one of the side effects is?  Not being able to sleep!!!  I didn't read the little sheet that tells you what the side effects are but I asked my doc today and she said "oh yeah, I meant to warn you about that."  I didn't go to sleep until 3 am last night...The other nights I only slept slightly better.  What a bummer that I am supposed to be relaxing and taking it easy and I can't even sleep!!!!  It is going to be a long 6 more days...