Monday, November 21, 2011

My apologies to you my old friends...And message to my new friend "Ignorant Anonymous"

I am doing a quick (my version of quick at least) to let you know I am now monitoring my comments.  I try not to use the word hate very much, but I am going to use it right now.  I HATE IGNORANCE.  I had a comment (that I erased so I don't ever have to see it again) that was really ignorant, malicious, and in very poor taste.  It seems that their is someone who isn't even brave enough to stand up for what they "believe",  who left a very vulgar comment (anonymously).  I am sorry for those of you who may have read it-as you know from visiting this blog in the past: this isn't that kind of blog...AT ALL.  I do not say the words that were in it (think of the worst cuss words you can-they were in it). It talked about Mitt Romney in a very negative light. Although I am a Republican (a conservative one) and happen to be a member of the same church he is, I have not come out to support him-or any of the other candidates for that matter.  I wouldn't support a candidate just because they were Mormon.  You will know at some point who I support because I am pretty vocal (if asked or provoked) about where I stand politically.  Actually I can be pretty vocal about where I stand on just about anything.  I was shocked when I read the comment and for about 1/2 a second I was livid.  And then a peace came over me.  Heavenly Father must have known I REALLY needed to see the positive in this.  Guess what?  I found it.  If "ignorant anonymous" (my little nickname for the person who has WAY too much time on their hands) found my teeny, tiny, little blog and felt they needed to lash out at me because I am a Mormon, then I must being doing a pretty good job letting the blog world know what I believe and how I live.

And just in case you ever come back to my blog, here is a note to you ignorant anonymous:

Dear ignorant anonymous,

I want to thank you for you message.  All though it was in very poor taste and shows just how ignorant you are, it actually made me feel pretty good about myself.  You knew I was a Mormon.  A compliment that no vulgar or cruel words can take away.  I know that my Heavenly Father and His son (my brother and yours too by the way) Jesus Christ love me.  Your words don't change that.  It just makes me cling to what I know to be true even more. Your words just reinforced the path I am on in this life.  I have bad days were I doubt myself but I am loved and life is good!  I hate ignorance.  I don't hate you because you are a human being that our Heavenly Father created, and though ill informed-you are still a child of God.  Based on the message you left I can only assume some where along the way you have had contact with a member of our church who was not living what they professed to believe.  I am really sorry for that-where there is good there is always evil.  I hope that at some point in your life you will take the time to understand what we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints really believe.  I am not sure where I would be with out it.  Maybe I would be where you are-in a place in my life that the only thing I can do is try to bring other people down and not even be courageous enough to stand behind the words I have written.  I could go on and on but I won't.  If you do happen to be reading this don't bother come back to my blog to put hateful words on it.  Comment moderation is a good thing. :)  Have a great day because I know I will!