Thursday, December 31, 2009

Our Christmas weekend in Spartanburg

After gifts, breakfast and hanging out we headed to Spartanburg. We made it in time for lunch or "the big feast" as Jake calls it. We were laughing like crazy people while we ate. I have no idea how it came up but it all started when I told Ranee what my mom named her cats when she was a little girl. I won't say it here. It is a word a little yankee girl had no idea was a racial slur...She had black cats when she was growing up...I think you get the picture. Like I said she had no idea that is was a bad thing to say up in Vermont were it is not racially diverse at all! Ranee started laughing because she said she just couldn't picture my mother saying it. Once Ranee starts laughing she can't stop so that was pretty much the way the rest of the meal went. We were burning calories as we ate! And of course after the eating there was sleeping...


We opened gifts and Aaron was excited to get this t-shirt. Isn't that cute the brothers match.

All of the ladies were excited to get Snuggies! I gave one to Roz, Erin gave one to me, Roz gave one to Erin and Della gave one to Ranee. What are the chances of that?! The commercials are hysterical but I swear it is one of the best inventions ever!

I kind of forgot to take pictures of the actual gift opening. But this is what we gave the Martin's. I think they liked it!

And of course some Wii playing.

In true South Carolina fashion we ended up getting out the guns later in the weekend. I shot a hand gun and a rifle. I hit the clay things (whatever they are called) with both. Ranee got this great shot.










Jake found this awesome stick and had to have a picture of it for the memories.


The cousins. We missed you Sara, Kayla, and Megan!


While we were down for the weekend I went and got my eyes checked and ordered 2 new pairs of glasses all for $75! Aaron and Jake were wrestling and broke mine...They were being held together with super glue while I waited for my new ones to come in. I also got a gift certificate from Ranee to get my hair cut. I will post the new me soon!