Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decorating the Christmas tree

On Saturday evening we got out the decorations and put up the tree. The first ornament to go up this year was Emily's. A white ball with a black lab puppy on it for her first Christmas 5 years ago. Jake picked it out and the decorating began!




After we decorated the tree we had hot chocolate and homemade rolls and tested the cinnamon honey butter recipe I got from another blogger. (I didn't put the home sign up for affect, that is actually just were I have it one counter...under the pretty glass cabinets.) It was only okay. Way too much honey. We are going to modify it and try it again. Aaron picked out the movie..The second Lord of the rings, whichever that one is. I was so thrilled (sarcasm again)! I like it don't get me wrong I am just not ready for Jake to be watching them. But Aaron thinks it is awesome and Jake doesn's have nightmares. I was just hoping for Rudolph or Frosty myself.