Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Christmas decorations

We were in Spartanbutrg for Thanksgiving so we didn't get the Christmas decorations out the day after like we usually do. Which is fine with me because I love Christmas and decorating for it, but after about 3 weeks of the "stuff" I start to go a little insane and want to take it all down immediately after opening gifts. I don't, but I want to. Since Aaron is in SC during the week we of course waited for him to come home to help. (That will be in a couple of posts I am updating...) So, this past weekend we decorated because he loves it soooo much! Just in case you don't know Aaron very well I am being sarcastic. Picture taking and decorating aren't really his thing. But he pretends to like if for about 15 minutes. It is so touching! :) But back to my little story I never started...I do that all the time. On Thursday while Jake was at school I decided to get out our snowman plates and put up the first decoration of the year. (For anyone who really studied the last post picture and saw our Nativity up in the background-I decided when we moved to Monroe to keep it out all the time because I LOVE IT! (thanks Mom and Dad for buying a little every year) And because that is the perfect spot for it! It has been up since we October so it doesn't count. Have I mentioned I love my camera? I had to take pictures...

Kim Garner THANK YOU!!! She gave me this adorable Christmas sign (she made!) when we moved and I couldn't wait to put it up. Check out all her cute crafts on her Etsy site: mycreativeside.etsy.com


My beloved snowman plates set! These are the cute mugs. Don't they look so pretty in the cabinet? I got them years ago on Black Friday at Target for $8 and I love them.

This is the pattern on the dinner plates. It is what our family would look like if we were snowman!


I just couldn't resist this picture! Doesn't it look so pretty with my other plates in the cabinet? The cabinets are glass front so I get to look at them every time I go in the kitchen. It makes me happy. The dirty dishes in the sink don't really make me happy though...I didn't take a picture of that don't worry..