Sunday, December 13, 2009

MY PARENTS GOT THEIR MISSION CALL!



On Friday my parents got their mission call! Dad had just gotten back from visiting Tina and her family in Uruguay the day before and Mom is still there. Mom gets back next Friday and there was no way they were going to wait to open it! I picked Jake up from school early which he wasn't expecting. When I told him why he said "Oh no! I haven't even seen Nee to say goodbye!" He thought they were leaving immediately and that my mom wasn't even coming home first. When I explained that they wouldn't be leaving that day he was much more excited. For some reason he also thought that Elders from the church would be there to tell them where they were going...I guess we have been talking more about them going on their mission, than how they would receive their call. When we got back we got all set up for the whole family to be listening. On my cell phone we had Aaron (we thought he was at work but he actually surprised us 15 minutes later-he had taken the day off and driven home for the weekend early!) on speaker phone. On Dad's cell (on speaker phone) we had my mom, Tina, all Tina's kids and on Tina's cell was her husband Allen who was at work in Uruguay! I think that is how it was all set up...But anyway on to the important stuff! They are going to Seattle, Washington and report to the Mission Training Center on February 1st. Mom here are some pictures of what you missed on this end of the phone. Congratulations!

You can see the phones all set up in this picture. Jake's reaction caught at the moment it happened...have I mentioned I love my camera? :)

Reading the whole letter so we know all the details. There were actually 2 letters one for each. I of course had to make the comment, after my dad read his and was moving on to my mom's, that I hoped they were going to the same place. (I also told my mom she could go visit Forks...Twilight fans know what I am talking about.)

Jake was pretty excited.