Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I skipped right over the first day of the 3rd grade!




I totally forgot about putting up pictures of the first day of school! I think I was so preoccupied with getting ready for Jake's Baptism and party that I forgot about starting the 3rd grade!

On Friday the 21st we went and meet his teacher and found out what class he was in. We found out quickly because as we were walking down 2nd and 3rd grade hall, one of Jake's best friends ran down the hall gave Jake a bear hug that lifted him right off his feet and said "YOU ARE IN MY CLASS!!!" You see Jake, Cameron, and Cade were in 1st grade together, but in the 2nd grade they were all in different classes. This year Cameron and Jake are together. Cade is in another class but luckily they all have recess together!

School started Tuesday August 25th, and Jake has Mrs. Gillespie, a very organized and sweet teacher. I didn't even cry the first day this year! I think I was just too busy. He wanted me to walk him in but the babies got dropped off a few minutes too late to do it. (I was bummed and so was Jake...) I hope next year he will still want me to walk him in!

Well, we are a week in and Jake was trying to convince me he should stay home and take a nap since he was so tired from his birthday weekend celebrations. This year the play time at school is recess and gym. They are down to the business of getting ready for EOG's (end of grade tests-not my favorite thing at all)! He is losing that loving feeling for school he says, but he always says it was great when he gets home. Getting back into the swing of things is taking longer than usual this year! I am sure it will be another great year and we will get to spend at least some of it at our favorite school!

We are big fans of breakfast in bed! Jake had to get back in bed but that works too!


Almost ready to go! (To give me less to clean when people come to look at the house, we moved Jake into our bathroom...Is that lazy?)

The backpack shot! We are sick of buying cheap bags that fall apart every year so we headed to Frugal Backpacker and got Jake a bag that will last for a few years (and it was only $10 more than the cheap ones we always buy! Live and learn!) Jake loves it and so does Aaron. Maybe we will go back and get you one Aaron, when our house sells, because you will be doing the same thing in Charlotte.

Jake was so excited that I let him pick out what he was going to wear! I am a fan of matching so I had to approve his choice. I was hoping for a polo shirt but really his vintage Empire Strikes back shirt is way cooler than a polo!

Another change this year is Jake rides the bus home! We live about a 3 minute drive from the school, but they do 2 loads on each bus to get them to and from school. This is the first year our neighborhood is first load in the afternoon. Which means he gets home the same time as he would if I picked him up (not to mention I would have to get there 30 minutes before school gets out and wait in line with 2 babies in a Jeep that has no air conditioning!) I still take him in the morning because school starts at 8 and the bus would pick him up at 6:45!

Sophia chilling in the stroller! Thanks Melissa for letting us borrow it! It is a life saver!


Bella was so excited to pick Jake up at the bus stop. All day she asked if she could go on the bus too. She would say "Jake bus, you (that is what she calls herself) too?"

And the wait was over! This is actually the 2nd day of school. I was a wreck the first day when I didn't know where he would be getting off so I couldn't go meet him! I was worried he would not know where to get off...He knows the neighborhood and could get home from any part of it but I am paranoid. He of course knew what to do and I gave myself an ulcer all day for nothing! (the story of my life-worrying about anything and everything when there is nothing to actually be worried about in the first place!)