Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A few projects I have done this year

A friend of mine inspires me every time I go to her blog because of her talents! She is exactly what HGTV looks for in their designers and I love it when she posts updates on her latest projects. She can take a plain dress and turn it into the latest fashion. She can completely change the look of a room on a tight budget. Seeing her latest project motivated me to share some of the little art projects I have done too. I am not a professional in any way, shape, or form, but I do enjoy to paint on occasion. I am more of a copy cat than an artist. I am not a perfectionist so don't judge me to harshly! If I can do it any one can! You should try to paint-you might realize a wonderful new stress reliever!

Keep in mind I broke my wonderful camera a few months ago and I am working with a sad one right now...The light is horrible! I have one I will post later because the picture just didn't come out!

Jake's bathroom is pretty small so we didn't want to darken the walls at all and I wanted something easy to clean. So we painted the walls glossy white and brought in the color with this awesome shower curtain and painting that Jake and I did. (I will post a picture of his bathroom sometime soon, I can't find them on the computer right now) I just drew the same style rocket ship on the canvas as there is on the shower curtain and Jake decided on the colors and background. I loved how creative Jake got with the fire from the space ship blasting off!


I love Southern Living at Home and have several of the Gail Pittman hand painted pottery pieces. It is pretty expensive so I hosted a party and got it all for free, except for one piece my mom bought me for Christmas. It makes me happy to just look at it! So happy, that I pretty much decorated my house so I could have it in all the living areas! I needed a large piece to bring it all together for when we put the house on the market so I decided to paint a large canvas with the same pattern. I would never copy an artist and sell it, but I have no problem doing it for myself! (I have the bowl and pitcher too!)


Another friend of mine is the Activity Day Girls Leader and she was having the girls make bean bags to give to the nursery at church. She asked me to paint a clown on a piece of plywood that was to be the thing you toss the bean bags through. The holes were put in the balloon, hat, and the clown nose (that is why I didn't paint that part in that great-a lot of it was going to be cut out any way).

You should try to paint something! It is easy, fun, and an amazing stress reliever Try it you might like it!..And you might surprise yourself with a new talent you can share!