Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fa la la la Flu...

 Jake's got it. The full fledged flu.  He went to bed not feeling great and woke up feeling worse and with the tell tale sign of a fever: rosy checks and a big old frown on his face.  The test for the flu looks horrible-at least what I saw of it before I had to shield my eyes and look away.  They swab your brain-I swear they stuck that thing so far up his nose that is what it looked like they must be swabbing.  Really I guess it is "just" your sinus cavity.  
So now he has is taking Tamiflu (sp?) and cough syrup with codeine in it.  Is it wrong I am very jealous of Jake's medication?  I could really use some of that cough syrup...seriously I am still coughing up a lung.  I coughed all night Friday night.  Part of me wishes I had gone in to the Dr's day one of my sickness to get the good medicine (I am thinking I may have the flu because I did have a fever but waited to see how sick I would get before going in to the Dr's).  Part of me is glad they didn't swab my brain and doesn't care that I may be sick for twice as long, just as long as I didn't have to go through that test!  I am just hoping it is the flu I have now because I can't take anything else on top of this!
  I decided having the flu warranted an early Christmas gift. ***Jake just threw up poor guy.  Luckily it was in a pot.  I almost threw up taking care of the whole situation.  Aaron is lucky he is at church.  If he is smart he would not come home so he can stay away from all our sick germs here....But any way.***

 I made Jake Star Wars PJ pants and figured that they would help him be comfy while he is sick.  He was really excited to open a present early...
 Of course he knew what they were immediately since he made Daddy some too.  Shhh! Don't tell Aaron.
  My poor child is sick.  Look at that pitiful happy face...I hope Tamiflu works as good as they say it does. 

I am going to get back to Lysoling the house and still being sick myself.  This is one of those times that being the mommy stinks.

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"...What is is only noon time?  I am so taking a nap today.