Thursday, July 26, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

1.  Boxes that the UPS man delivers not even 48 hours after you ordered (free delivery makes it even better!) them full of homeschool curriculum!

 I can't stop looking through them...and then I put them back in the box so the newness doesn't wear off!



2.  Cabinet doors in the "as is" section of Ikea that I got for CHEAP....
...that I have been doing this to:
To make these fun chalk boards.  I will get better pictures so you can really see them, but I was too excited to wait until they are all done...Consider this a sneak peak. :)  Do you want to know how cheap the cabinet doors were?...You ready for this?  They were 99 cents a piece!!!!  AMAZING right?!?!


3.  Watching Jake excitedly wait for his new glasses, since he spent a week with only one arm on his old pair.  The super glue only worked for a week or so (longer than I thought it would) and we spent the next week WAITING!!!
Here Aaron is looking on as Jake finishes breaking the old ones:

And here is one of the new pairs.  I. LOVE. THEM.  He was not in the mood to take any more pictures because we were on our way to see Batman: Dark Knight Rises.


4.  Which leads me to my next favorite thing: BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT RISES!!! I am not a big superhero geek or anything but I am a fan of Batman.  This was the best of the 3 (obviously better than all the old ones-which I liked but this I loved) and the ending is PERFECT.  I loved it.

...But back to Jake's new glasses.  I made him hold still for another shot while he was creating a Ninja or something on Lego.com.  He actually got 2 pairs but he apparently likes this pair the most. I am loving this cool dude's new look.

 5.  The new colors of my favorite pens.  Bic cristal pens...I love them big time.
6.  And last but not least for the week: My new kicks.  Love them.  They are amazingly comfortable and I put a few miles on the treadmill and on the road this week.
What are some of your favorite things this week?