Thursday, July 26, 2012

Frustration is...(a short list)..Followed by a serious change in perspective...

1.)...trying to buy a house in short sale. The whole term "short sale" is misleading.  Now I know it is referring to the fact that the bank is going to let the seller sell the house for less than they owe and call it good.  So they are "short" what they need to pay off the mortgage.  Obviously there is a bunch of paperwork and things like that but you would think that the bank would be ready to get rid of it. The poor sellers of "our house" are a few days a way from foreclosure-LITERALLY.  We are trying to do them, the bank, and us a favor (we get it for a great deal-they don't go into foreclosure, the bank doesn't have to give it away!) by buying it!!!  We even upped our offer so we thought the bank would jump on it!!!  We were supposed to hear on Tuesday.  Aaron keeps reminding me we have supposed to have heard from them several times and haven't so why am I surprised that we didn't hear this time?


 Because the house goes into foreclosure next week and all we have been doing the past several months will be for nothing.  Because we gave them the number they wanted.  Because the house has been empty since the beginning of last November and the bank already had to pay to winterize it, and are paying to have the grass cut every week.  Am I the only one who wonders why banks would rather sit on a house for MONTHS than just sell it and get it over with?!?!  I have the colors all picked out people!!!  I know where the furniture is going to go!!!! I WANT MY HOUSE!!!!  SELL US THE HOUSE ALREADY!!...ok...I feel a little better now...thanks for listening to me vent a little.

2.)...letting your child-who will remain nameless (but you can figure it out since we only have one child-his name is Jake if you are new here), stay up later than you told them they could (by 45 mins and this would be night 503 of staying up late) so they could finish something on Lego.com (no he hasn't been on the computer since my post earlier this evening.  He went back to it) and then said child gets mad because he forgot to call Papa G. to ask him how to get the TV to work (there was a storm last week that knocked out the power and you have to do something fancy to get it all to work together again).  I told him to call earlier and he choose to do other things.  He realized upon getting ready for bed that in the morning when he wakes up at the butt crack of dawn and wants to watch TV (since I do not believe on getting up at the butt crack of dawn) he will not be able too. Jake then decides I should have reminded him to call Papa (we are spending the night at my parents house again because Aaron had to work later and today was 1,000,000 degrees with 99,999% humidity so we decided Sadie could use a doggie vacation and sleep inside tonight.  Plus it makes us feel like we have a house...and maybe I will sleep better on my parents comfy king size bed...), and that I am being "mean" (I am starting to hear that more and more...) for not letting him call now that it is past time to go to bed....Even though I LET YOU STAY UP 45 MINUTES LATER THAN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO?!?!  You could probably put " " around that last sentence...and I may have raised my voice a little.  I even started chuckling because it is funny to me that I was being mean-after having done fun things like playing with Lego Ninjago people  (2x's today), taking him to the pool, watching with him-for the millionth time-the "funny" mindcraft parody songs on youtube and acting very interested...etc.!!!!  I was then being even more mean for chuckling...


3.)...when all you want is for someone to say: "I understand why this bums you out", they instead say things like: "It could be worse" or "have patience".  I completely understand and thank my loved ones who have said those things to me (...on numerous occasions lately because being in limbo is no fun and I am stressed out) to try and make it easier for me.  If you are reading this and have said that to me please don't be offended.  This is just me acting like a brat to vent out my frustrations.

I am so thankful for wonderful in laws who are willing to let us clutter up their home with Lego's and books and a million other things.  I am thankful for family who is letting us store all our stuff in their basement that they could have a pool table in right this very moment.  I am thankful for my sister-in-law pretending she needs my decorating advice so I will not go crazy since I don't have anything to decorate!!!  I realize I should have patience.  I know I should not let it keep me up at night -but it does and has for the past 2 weeks...You realize I am talking about the house stuff right now, right?  The Jake stuff is normal kiddos growing up and although it was frustrating, he already apologized and gave me a hug....

I am blessed beyond measure.  I know I am.  I should have patience  I should remember that:


I do remember that.  I really do.  But for the moment I just want to be a little bummed and then I will move on.  In fact I am moving on right now.  I vented and let it out.  I can't do anything but wait to hear on August 3rd...That is the next day (and last possible day) we are supposed to hear from the sellers bank if we can move forward with a closing...So, stay tuned.  Next Friday I will either be totally excited with wonderful news or there may be another whinny post like this....Let's hope for the former because I don't like being grumpy.

 I am now going to watch Modern Family on DVD and cheer myself up with some laugh out loud comedy that will make my heart happy...and hopefully clear my head so I can sleep tonight...I will try to avoid looking that the families houses for ideas on decorating because that won't help at all....

One more thing....I totally have Patience by Guns n' Roses in my head from typing patience so many times.  Now it's in your head isn't?  Sorry about that....

***Serious change of perspective update....Right after posting this I headed over to one of my good friends blogs and read her post for the day.  Please go read it if you, like me, need to be inspired by the words of someone who truly has something to vent and complain about but chooses not to.  The post is here at Moments That Matter....The Lord is mindful of us all.  He knew what I needed to hear and he lead me to a place that would help me find it since I was being to stubborn and not turning to Him.***