Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ketchup Post:: And this is the rest of the story...

Nice ketchup picture right?  That my friends is a picture of a perfectly roasted and slightly burned (just  the way I like it) Ballpark frank, which in my opinion are the best hot dogs ever.  Summer is just not summer without hot dogs roasted over an open flame...with Heinz ketchup on them of course...and again: I am not endorsing their politics just their amazing ketchup.  I am endorsing it unofficially of course because they have no idea I have ketchup (get it catch up) posts on Tuesdays.  I am sure if they did they would send me a life time supply of Heinz ketchup that I would happily accept. :)
Any way this weeks catch up post is on the rest of our 3 week vacation to NH/VT.  Here are a few pictures and  words of the rest of our trip...or at least the parts of it I remembered to take pictures of.



 We all had fun opening the  boxes from Amazon full of books and games.  It was like Christmas in July.  As I just typed July I thought it in my head like a Southern person would pronounce it.  You know...like Jew-lie.  See I am so a converted Southerner.   I read a couple of their new books while I was there and even took one home with me to finish. I am done with it and it was great.  I am putting it in the mail tomorrow Tina. :)




 We washed, sanded, and painted doors, walls and baseboards.



 Here we are getting ready to roast the hot dogs on the first camp fire at Tina and Allen's new home.  It just so happened to be Allen's birthday too.  Not a bad way to celebrate.



Tell me that doesn't look absolutely amazing.  It only would have been better if we had some of Papa Harmon's famous hot dog chilli. 










 This is a picture for Mallory, my cousin.  She has the most adorable picture of her yellow lab Dakota looking up at her while she took a picture of her in her first snow.  Mallory has reenacted the picture now that Dakota is bigger.  We had spent the previous night with Mallory, Nicole, Aunt Julie, and Uncle Gary...and of course Dakota and saw the sweet pictures again.  This is Jake's version...on a hot day in July with no snow....But if he were a dog I am almost positive he would be a yellow lab. :)


We needed a picture of us together and the only way I could hold it (along with the stuff in my other hand) and push the button, was by holding it upside down.  It is better upside down than it is right side up, so I thought I would just leave it that way.


Grampa Smith and Aunt Shelia came over to see the house and have lunch with us.  I did manage to snap a couple pictures while they were there.  I forgot to take any pictures on lots of other occasions when we saw relatives so I figured I better take some the day before we left!





 We decided to go to the local yummy pizza place for dinner on our last night and the boys were very excited that there was a TV right above us that had the Disney channel on...Looks like even Aunt Tina was enjoying Phinneus (sp?) and Ferb.


 I wanted to take a picture of the TV to show what they were so mesmerized by and talk about perfect timing!  I love that it says "Your're Watching TELEVISION".  They totally were watching TELEVISION...as if they had never watched it before.  And there was no sound so how exciting can it really be?

After that we went and had some "wicked good" ice cream.  For those who don't know: even though the rest of the nation...and possible the world, stopped using "wicked" back in 1986 New England (especially NH) never stopped and as far as I can tell don't plan on it any time soon!  I like it NH.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Everything else from the 80'sis coming back so I am sure wicked will too.  In fact I am going to to my personal best to get in going here in SC again!