Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggidy, jig, jig, jig.

My mom used to always say that when we got home.  We are home after 3 weeks of being in NH and VT.  It was fun, stressful at times, and long.  Too long to be away from home but we are already missing all our family up there. But we are happy to sleep in our beds.  Happy to see Aaron, Sadie, Nana, Papa, and now Della (we are excited to see the rest of the family but it hasn't happened yet-we just got home last night).  Jake just rode off with Della and some other kiddos on a golf cart.  Yes, we live in the kind of neighborhood that he can do that and it makes my heart so happy.  The last time we lived in a neighborhood like that he was too little to go by himself. Life is good in SC.

While we were up North my mom was telling someone that Tina's heart is up North and mine is in the South.  So true...Not just because I married a good ole' Southern boy but, because I claim the South as my own. Because I can't imagine another home.  When it is 105 with really high humidity I think I want to go back up North but I really...don't want too.  I would like to take out all the states in between there and here and stick them somewhere else so I could be closer, but I want to stay put.  In one of my favorite movies, Sweet Home Alabama, they say you can have roots and wings too.  It turns out mine are both in the South now.  My roots used to be in New Hampshire where I was born and "raised"...technically.  But I think the raised part really happened down here in the South.  It is where I found out that Jesus Christ is my Savoir.  It is where I fell in love.  It is where I had my first dog.  It is where I had my baby.  It is where I really grew up and still am.  My wings brought me here and the roots have been planted.  I am not going any where...

Jake just yelled up that he is going to Della's.  So much for the errands we were going to run.  They can wait.  Having a cousin that lives around the corner and is your best friend is more important anyway....Home again, home again, jiggidy, jig, jig, jig....