Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Brain Declutter: Of Massive Proportions and Photo Drop

*I finally broke down and went to the doctor because I have had "a little head cold" (that settled in my chest since I have asthma) and it feels like someone has been kicking me in the back of my lungs, which makes it hard to breath.  Turns out I have "Walking Pneumonia", which I figured because I have had it before.  Now I don't feel guilty for not having any energy the past two weeks...

*I started this post the middle of last week and still haven't posted it yet so I figured I better before it is so old I change my mind....

*Do you remember this post?  I posted about how Sadie, then a little puppy, chewed up my favorite (and only) big black purse.  Well, it is months later and I still haven't been able to find a cheap replacement...If you happen to know of a place that I could find a great (for less than $30...way less) black bag (purse isn't really the right word because it was a BAG) than let me know.  Target has been letting me down all year long and they are usually my go to place for cheap cute bags...

*Two weeks ago on a Friday we did our homeschooling outside because it felt like Fall!  I LOVE THE FALL! It is my favorite season and I can't wait until it is really here to stay.  It was in the high 50's low 60's and with the wind it was even a bit chilly-or as I like to call it PERFECT!  I had to capture the moment as we played 5 State Rummy with Jake and his hood up.  I got that awesome sweatshirt at a church consignment sale for $3 and it was pretty much brand new!  I love a good deal...
*We have realized that Papa G. is a BGPP (board game party pooper). I am now on a mission to find a game that is educational and fun for  Papa G. Got any ideas?

*Notice I am putting pictures up again? (I used up all my storage space for photos on my blog and couldn't for a while...) I found some pictures hidden in a couple albums that were taking up a HUGE amount of space and fixed the problem...but not before I erased a few from way back in 2008 to make room...But at least I can put pic's on now and I am not so computer illiterate. Thanks Jaime and Cocoa for your help with my photo storage problem.
 
*Jake lost his 9th tooth some time last week...or maybe the week before that...What a difference from when you get your first tooth or lose your first tooth and you carefully document the moment to cherish it forever.  It was still momentous because it was his first moeler big tooth...Spell check didn't help so much on that one....

*I am too excited to not say anything about this so I hope Aaron doesn't mind...He went to a job far at school today (UNC-C-he graduates in Dec.!!!!!) and spoke to the CMS (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools-we live in the Charlotte area) representative.  She told him that she couldn't put it in writing (yet) but that she can almost guarantee him a teaching position starting January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Though it isn't our first choice on places to live, it is awesome to know that we have that option.  Aaron you rock.

*We made some muffins for Aaron to eat when he got home from working 3rd shift on his b-day morning before going to sleep. (I am sure that sentence should have a comma or be broken up into a couple but I am just going to go with it today...)  They are just a box mix because it was 6am and that is the best I can do that early, but don't you just love the wrapper thing-a-ma-bobbers?  They were on sale and I had a coupon.
*Speaking of birthdays!  Happy late 35th b-day Aaron!  He caught up to me on 9/19/11 and I am finally getting around to posting it.  Yes this is the best shot of the day since Aaron is a PTPP (picture taking party pooper) and yes we did wrap his gifts in newspaper.  Jake wouldn't even let me use the comics because he hadn't read them yet. :)
*Jake is a Webelo now that he is 10.  How cute is he?  How come he already has to be 10?
*This is the first omelet Jake made completely on his own.  It was some time in the past couple of weeks...
*Jake picked me this pretty flower to wear in my hear.  I am glad I decided to take a picture of it before I put it in my hair...You see those black spots in the middle?  Those were a bunch of ants...
*Jake and Nee making some yummy cinnamon friendship bread.
*General Conference was AMAZING!  I needed a spiritual uplift-and I got it.  I needed some questions answered-some of the talks were specifically for me (sorry if you felt left out :) ).  I needed to relax and ponder-I did.  More on this later....

*Our 1st Science experiment a few weeks ago.  I don't really remember the details but it all boils down to it is easier to float in salt water than regular water.  We already knew that but it was still fun. :) Jake with our floating eggs in salt water, in need of a hair cut around the ears.
*Sadie cruising by at top speed with her 2 big sticks. 
*Practicing spelling and vocabulary with some letters I made with construction paper, a sharpie, and packing tape.  I really wanted to make these but haven't had made the time yet. 
*This isn't as much as a brain declutter as I thought it would be....It is more of a catch up.  It is random-don't get me wrong-but my brain doesn't feel very decluttered.

*Expect to see pictures from Vermont any day now since I have space on my blog again. :)