Thursday, September 16, 2010

Randomness...Decluttering my brain.

*I had to do something because Jake is finishing his math project right now (a poster about how I use math at work. I love making posters...) and since it is his project I have been forced to walk away while he is finishing it...Something, I confess, is hard for me to do...

*Check out my parents missionary blog! Oh yeah..Mom I made it public for you! (She told me to, I just forgot to tell her I actually did.) It is called "Our Missionary Moments" and is listed on my blog list. There 33 posts total, but only a few are posted. Mom is still working on the others-uploading pic's and stuff. They are BUSY and obviously the Lord's work comes first!

*I had a real "I hate U-Scan" day on Wednesday. Wednesday is Senior day! Anyone over 60 gets an extra 5% off our already low prices. (Did those last 2 sentences sound like a commercial?) I love Senior day when I am running the cash register. They tell they cutest stories and little jokes. They know exactly how much everything they are buying costs. They are a hoot! When I am running U-Scan...Let's just say it is not fun. Older people have problems with this "new fangled technology!". Or they say "I am too old to learn this. Why don't you just check me out?" Well, I would if there weren't 3 other people here that also need my help. Not to mention the fact I actually have buttons to push up at my register for all 3 of those other people. I have to run that persons check, and scan that persons coupon, and hit the button repeatedly for that sweet little old lady that keeps putting her purse down on the scale and then can't figure out why it keeps beeping at her...So, no I can't just check you out. If you don't want to check yourself out then I guess you will just have to GO WAIT IN LINE!!!!! No, I don't actually say that to people I just tell them I can get them started...

*I have found, what I think would be the perfect hair...Seriously! It never gets messed up and has just the right amount of body. I am seriously jealous of Rachel. That's what we named the Lego women. Probably because she looks a little like Rachel Ray. When Jake was about 4 he said he thought she was pretty and "a good cutter". I am not however jealous that she doesn't have a nose. But, if I could pop my head off and put it on another body like she can, I would be stoked!

*Jake is already done and it is AWESOME...Truthfully I would add a LOT more...But it is his project and I am letting go!...Unlike the collage that was due last week. After he went to sleep I couldn't stop adding a few things here and there...I know I am pitiful, but I really love to collage. (He thought what I added was awesome and I asked him before hand it is was okay with him.)

*Jake had an eye appointment today. No surprise: he has to get glasses. I wear glasses and Della, Nee, Papa G, and Papa Harmon do to. Aaron is as blind as a bat without his contacts, and so are Nana and Ranee. It is on both sides of the family, so we knew it was a matter of time. Jake is on Medicaid right now so the eye exam was free! Score! And so are the glasses!....But we won't get them for 6 to 8 weeks...Awesome? Luckily Vision Works is having a 2 for $99 sale on kids glasses right now. We are not so poor that we are going to have him wait for another 2 months. This is what we will all be doing when we get our Obama health care!!! Can't wait! (And poor Jake his eyes are still hugely dilated! He has got to have a headache.)

*Roasted Garlic Triscits are delicious! You should totally try them.

*I am finding it hard to sleep with Aaron gone 5 nights a week working 3rd shift. I feel a little better knowing there is a gun (HIDDEN AND WAY OUT OF JAKE'S REACH...and almost mine for that matter...) in our bedroom. But only a little better because I have only actually shot a similar gun one time and it scared me...And the real reason I can't sleep is because he usually leans on me...I tried piling up pillows but it doesn't quit work.

*I will finish blogging about Vermont...

*I will post picture's from Jake's birthday...And anything else that may have gone on that I haven't posted...

*We had an Open House at Jake's school on Tuesday night. It was for parents only. I have never heard of it done that way and didn't know it until 7ish on Monday night! Luckily Sharon and Ron agreed to watch Jake so both Aaron and I could go. It was really nice to see what they are working on and learn exactly what the teachers are expecting. And I am getting over my public school blues. (I still wish we could just home school but that is not in the cards right now...) I think there was peer pressure (other mom's), and not feeling heard, but I am feeling better now. I really like Jake's AIG teacher and his regular teacher. I am not sure I agree 100% with all the techniques, but I am involved and making sure it is all going well. I am actually the class parent so that is a good thing...And I need to start typing a letter to the parents in Jake's class...I guess I should stop blogging and do that...

*One more thing: I love the Nate Berkus Show! Have you seen it? He used to be on Oprah doing room makeovers. The show is so good I am DVR-ing it everyday and watching after Jake goes to bed and Aaron isn't home. He came home from playing b-ball last night (yes he still works in b-ball) and watched a little with me. I should say he made fun of it while I watched it. :) No surprise there either!