Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

I am a picture taking kind of person.  Aaron is not.  He is a PTPP (picture taking party pooper).  For Father's Day I gave him the gift of only taking 2 pictures the whole day (we also gave him a Star Wars t-shirt, because you can never have enough of those.) 

Picture #1:  A special breakfast that Jake and I made for Aaron before he had to go to meetings before church.  Have I ever mentioned Aaron is the ward clerk (If you aren't LDS: the Ward Clerk takes care of all the records-births & deaths, where people live and where they go when they move so that there next Ward has their info., budget...I am sure there is a better way to explain it...and there is more to it than that, but you get it right?)?  We had sausage and gravy biscuits, scrambled eggs, and grits.
Picture #2:  Aaron leaving for church before us with his tissue paper boutonniere Jake made him.  We made them in Primary (children's Sunday school, music time, and devotional time for children ages 3-11) for all the men in the Ward.  Have I ever mentioned I am the Primary President?
We got to church early to give the men their flowers.  They all seemed so proud to wear them and the Primary children were proud to have made them. Primary sang sweetly and were surprised when the Priesthood stood up and sang back to them.  If you are Mormon than you know the song...I can't remember what it is called but it says: "Teacher do you love me?  Teacher do you care for me?..."  We changed the "teacher" to "father".  In the song the children sing to the teachers and the next verse the teachers come in with: "Yes, my child I love you...."  Well my genius chorister in Primary had been practicing with the Priesthood so that when the children performed they would then be serenaded by the men singing back to them...{Tears!}  It was wonderful and the kiddos faces were adorable.  They went from huh?, to shock, to smiles.  We have the best chorister ever!  Thank you Gidget. :)

We all had dinner at Nana and Papa's (I should have had my camera to take pictures of everyone but Aaron but I didn't...No 3 generations pictures for both the Harmon's and the Graves'...I will just have to keep my mental pictures...).  The men shot guns-at which point Jake said he felt like Little Britches (more on that in a couple of posts...) and the women chatted.  It was a very good day.  Happy Father's Day!