Friday, February 17, 2012

Brain Declutter: Because my cranium is crowded...

*Look at me posting 4 times in one week!  Well tons of pictures of Sadie may not actually count but Jake was excited to celebrate her adoption day.

*Speaking of adoption.  That is #9 on the list.  Do you remember the list?  We are officially  putting it out there: We are looking seriously into adoption!!!!  That is a weird way to say it...I mean we are going to try to adopt!  I can't even say it right...We are hoping someone will eventually pick us to adopt their baby!...It is so exciting but a strange mix of emotions too...I thought it would be easy.  Decide we want to do it after praying and agonizing and thinking and doing it all over again.... Check! Do some research. Check! Talk with a friend who has done it through LDS Family Services like we are going to. Check! Take the first official step to get the ball rolling. Ch---WHY IS IT SO HARD?  I wish I could explain the feelings it causes but stalling for whatever reason is one of them and being terrified is another.  Luckily the friend who has been through this said they went through it too and it is normal...That makes me feel better.  So now that I am putting it out there on my blog I am taking a baby step into releasing and letting go of the insecurities and nervousness that taking the first step seems to bring...And now that you know we have to tell Jake before you do so that means we have to get the ball rolling since he will ask us about it every day...AHHHH!!!!

*I am starting the couch to 5k program Monday with Jake. And restarting Weight Watchers. I can do this.  I will do this.

*I love the library.  It makes me happy.  We filled up a big bag of books there today...I am getting ready to re-read (I read most of them when I was a kiddo...And I am going to add them to my list of books I am reading this year.  I said I was just going to read new books but I lied. :) )

*We spent the day looking at houses in SC again.  I should have been a real estate agent because I could look at houses all day long!  It is so fun.

*Funny that Jake just asked me the other day if when you adopt a baby "do you have to pay for it?". Random and out of the blue...To which I said yes and he thought that was pretty, in his words, stupid.  I told him why it wasn't stupid and he understood but still thought it was shall we say not so smart.  A few weeks ago he said something about the "Adoption Store". He has either over heard us...I don't think he has.  Or he is on the same "wave length" we are. :) Either way he will know really soon...

*I am getting used to typing on Aaron's lap top with the flat keys.  I used to hate it, but now not so much.

*For humanities, one of my nieces had to ask people in different age groups to answer this question: "A government is making its citizens good if the citizens are...." and you complete the sentence.  Do you want to know what Jake said?  It made me a little sick to my stomach..and I may have thrown up a little in my mouth.  He said: "doing what the government says."  What?....Come again?...We have a little something to study.  We talk about the Constitution.  We are studying the Presidents right now as a matter of fact and have been talking about how the founding fathers worked so hard to make sure the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were amazing documents that laid the path for this great nation and the amazing freedoms we have.  We are talking about how the Constitution talks about the roles of each branch of the government and how we know feel very strongly some people in government (who shall remain nameless...) are over stepping the boundaries that the constitution clearly lays out for the power each branch is supposed to have...And that is how he finishes that sentence....Back to the drawing board and TOMORROW we are going to revisit the question.  I just finished reading a book about Thomas Jefferson (I need to add it to my list of new books I am reading in 2012!) that I can pull some great quotes out of...How would you answer it?  Aaron's answer was short and sweet:  "...can choose their government."  He is a genius.  I said pretty much the same thing but it was a little more wordy.  Not surprising is it?

*I started this post 2 days ago, posted it, then got scared and took it down...It's back and I talked to Jake about the last one and he gets it.  We haven't talked to him about adoption yet...Maybe today...