Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Take One





This year Valentine's Day was a little rushed......
I worked 4 days (which is the amount of days I work in 4 months usually!) helping in the floral department so our plans kind of got put on hold...It was really fun being able to see my regular customers I used to see all time when I was a cashier 5 days a week while Jake was at school.  I got hugs, updates on grandchildren, and felt loved.  :) I still think all politicians should work at a grocery store so they can really learn about the people they are supposed to be speaking for....

Jake was pretty bummed that I had to work 8-2 on Valentines Day.  He was trying to convince me to call in sick. :)  The florist would have had a nervous breakdown if that happened because it is CRAZY busy for her...It was so fun working with her and  blowing up balloons and helping men pick out what their wife would love.  But I missed being with this cute guy.  We are getting a little spoiled with this homeschooling set up.  We spend most of our time together and I am glad that Jake actually likes being with me that much. :)




He came and visited me at Bi-Lo on Monday when Nee had to get some groceries and when I wasn't looking he had the florist help him get some flowers for me. 




This is on he found in the yard and added to the ones he bought with some help from Nee.








Goof ball. :)



Because I felt guilty for not being there to do some our fun V-day traditions I felt the need to buy him a little gift to make it better.  I am pitiful I know....He loved it and had fun playing with his new Skylander (it is a character that when placed on this "portal" it puts the new character into the game) and I felt slightly less guilty. :)

Don't worry I didn't neglect Aaron. I made him cookies and he was a happy camper.   He and Jake went and saw Star Wars in 3D for their v-day treat and Aaron got me the DVD of Breaking Dawn which was soooo good! Jake also picked out a little rose bush for Nee and I found heart boxes of candy for $1 at good old Target. We are going to do our Valentine breakfast on Saturday and there may even be some fun decorating for Valentine's Day take 2 because it is just too fun to skip. :)