Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What exactly am I doing here?...

In the blog world I mean.  I know what I am actually doing here in this whole thing called life.  I know I have a purpose.  But do I in the blog world?  This is supposed to be my journal of sorts but I rarely ever write anything.  I mean really write anything.  I used to but now I am usually just playing catch up on the whole "scrapbook" side of my blog.  Then I got to thinking is that part of my life that I really want out there?  I really started thinking about it about the middle of January (give or take a few days I can't remember exactly) when I had a comment from someone asking me to email them about my blog.  I took a while but I finally did and it was from someone starting a blog that wanted to reach more people (I have yet to check out her blog but I am going to.  I NEED to check it out!!! I haven't forgotten you I promise...) and she thought the "audience" (I use that term loosely because lets face it you either read this because you are a family member or because I think you rock and stalk your blog enough that you feel the need to know who this crazy person is who won't stop commenting on your blog...) my blog has would fit with hers perfectly and asked if she could guest post-which I am not opposed to I just..don't know what!!!  She wanted to get the word out.  She has has some struggles and wants to see if there is anyone out there that she can reach out to and say hey I've been there and I survived and you will too. That is a good thing and why not be a part of it?  I was going to respond but then I got scared and all self conscious.  What does my blog do besides take up a little room out there in cyberspace?...I feel strongly about a lot of things but I don't know that I really share them much.

So, I have been thinking and thinking about what I am really doing here in the blog world.  I started off just putting my little life down so I won't forget all those things I think I will never forget but do...Then I started to...I don't know feel the need for people to read it, but not really...Does that make sense?  There was a little while when I really did care if there were comments and hoped that more people were reading what I had to say, even though what I have to say doesn't amount to anything more than the ramblings that are tumbling around in my head.  Then I started the "here are pictures of my life with a little info to go along because I want to freeze time on all these memories and pretend my child isn't growing up so fast" phase on my blog and if you have been here for any length of time you know I take a lot of pictures....

Then I went into the posting just to post because I have started this and I don't feel like I should be a quitter at this too...especially since this is just supposed to be my journal/scrapbook/place to vent and declutter my brain!  And now I am here...wondering what to do next.  Is this a blog where people guest post?  I don't really know.  I have guest posted on one of my favorite blogs and it was an honor!  Not so sure my blog falls into the category of feeling honored to be featured on it &  I don't think it would really amp up anyone's blog stats if they did.

And I looked the other day at what people where searching for when they came to my blog and this is what popped up: "what I really do meme" (huh?), "sprained ankle mountain biking" (ok...?), "floating egg in salt water" (that was a homeschool science project..or should I say that was lots of pictures of my child doing a project...), pinterest ideas (that is sad...do I really talk about Pinterest that much?), and some other school project searches.  This is actually a good week!  I have had some strange things come up... Awesome.  I am really making a difference out there.

I also thought about the fact that my extended family, that I include on my blog on a regular basis (using their 1st names and everything!), never even were given the option to be put out there for whoever wants to read my blog!!!  My sister has a private blog that she uses nicknames for her kiddos on and I post pictures and say their names and it never even crossed my mind to make sure that was okay before doing it!  Add into all this confusion that 1 blog I follow has gone private (because she is going to make her blog more like a scrapbook...exactly what mine is supposed to be so should I go private????  This was already on my mind and now it is even more!!!).  Another one of my favorite blogs (Welcome to the Madness) thought about going private too.  She threw the idea out there and we talked her out of it because she is an awesome gardener, homeschooling mom, homemaker, and person in general and we NEED her great ideas and inspiration!  I don't really have any information I am offering besides what I am doing or have done on any given day and lets face it it isn't much compared to all the super moms out there....

So...need to think about this for a while....No comments on this one.  Just letting you know why my blog may or may not be out there whenever I do figure it all out!

(Just to warn you I just sit down and type...don't judge me if it doesn't make any sense or I used poor grammar...)