Thursday, February 16, 2012

These are a few of my favorite "things"....

I am going to try and do this every Thursday because there are just so many things that I love.  So, for this week I love:

1.) Chicken Doodle Soup.   We got it at Sam's Club (or Costco...I can't remember) a while ago and every now and then we pick it up and fall in love all over again. 
 Each page has a cute picture (today we did "foot long hot dog" (I didn't take a picture of it but it is a wiener dog in a bun with ketchup.), "BLT-Rex" (get it?), and "Salt and Leopard" (instead of pepper...you get it right?).  It tells you how to draw it step by step and it is so fun.  We all draw it right on the same sheet that is just the perfect size for a place mat-which is the whole point.  I thought about laminating them but lets face it dry erase markers don't compare to another one of my favorite things:  2.)Colored Pencils!
 Nee, Jake, and I all took one this morning, drew it, and then switched so we all did the same three.

 It even gives you cool little facts about the animal you are drawing.  Perfect for homeschooling!
 Mine came out looking more like an alligator so I named it "Gatorex".  That is part of what we do.  We name our animals.  :)
I love Jake's.  It looks like he didn't like his first couple of tails so he erased them.  To me it makes it look like he is wagging his tail. :)
We picked on Nee for naming her t-rex "Tee Tee".  :)  (She didn't think about the fact that some little kids say tee-tee when they have to go to the bathroom.)

3.) Books from the "juvenile" section of the library about the founding fathers.Why are they so much better than adult books?  I guess because they are quick reads, straight to the point, and easy to understand.  I have a whole stack (that I need to renew because I haven't been reading as much as I should lately...) that I am excited to read.  I just finished:  Thomas Jefferson, Architect of Freedom by Rita Thievon Mullin and I loved it.  Thomas Jefferson was a pretty amazing guy.

What "things" are you loving this week?