Monday, January 9, 2012

Brain Declutter: Back to Blogging...

*Thank you to those of you who have kept Cole in your prayers.  He went through the surgery wonderfully and the doctors were amazed at how well he was doing just the day after.  It is just the beginning of the journey but it is going well so far.  No doubt due to all the prayers. :) 

*I have no real reason for not starting 2012 by keeping up with my blog...We have been doing a lot and my blog/journal/scrapbook is the place I am supposed to document our journey!...
 
*That  makes me think of my non-resolutions...I don't do resolutions.  But this year I am making goals. Same thing? Probably. But resolutions just don't happen for me.  Here are some of my 2012 Goals:
   1. Lose 100 pounds.  Yep, I am that fat people.  To accomplish that I will:
        -Do Weight Watchers.  It works if you really do it.
       -Exercise 5-6 days a week (Zumba, Walk/Run, Wii Fit)
       -Get back to drinking water...
       -Cut WAY back on my sugar in take.
   2.  Read 30 books I haven't read before.  I have a habit of rereading books I love instead of looking for a new one I will like.  I know I can and will read way more than 30 books but the past couple I have read have taken me a while to get through them...I want these goals to be obtainable so I am being realistic. :)  I am counting the book I am reading right now even though I started it last year...I am reading Emma by Jane Austen on my Kindle.  It took me reading to about 43% before I really started to not be able to put it down.  Before that it was my "I can't sleep.  If I read this for 10 minutes I will be down for the count..."  Not my fav. Jane Austen book so far but I am really starting to love it.  I think I know what is going to happen and I can't wait to see if I am right. :) 
  3.  Start writing down some of my crazy dreams.  I think if I put them all in a book it would become a best seller for people who are slightly insane.  These aren't my best examples, but the other night I dreamt (isn't that a word?...spell check is giving me a hard time with it...) that  I let Sadie out to go to the bathroom and someone else let her in.  When she came into the room I was in she was no longer a black lab mutt-she was a taller, sleeker brown dog.  The strangest part is that no one noticed the difference but me.  I kept telling everyone that it wasn't Sadie and they thought I was crazy.  The same night (this one was long but I will give the Readers Digest version) I dreamt my family was in my Grampa Smith's yard looking for a GIANT grizzly bear that kept coming around.  I looked over to the house and there it was laying inside a white picket fence and I had to run around everyone standing frozen while it chased me.  It knocked me down and was hovering over me about to claw my face off...when instead it touched my cheek and said "Pat my face." in a sweet little voice.  I am talking GIANT grizzly!... I have dreams all the time where someone is trying to attack someone in my family and I go to beat them up and no matter how hard I hit them it was like I was just patting them softly...I think a shrink might think I was crazy.

*****Aaron JUST sent an email and resume to a high school in our county and already got an email back (literally 4 minutes later!) saying "Can you be in my office in the morning?"  He is going in @ 8:30 in the morning!!!!!  Say a prayer for him please!!!!!!!!!!***********

4.  Read the Standard Works: Book of Mormon (the rest of it.  I am in Alma and I am not starting over now.  I will finish it then move on to the others.  We also read the B of M as part of our morning routine for homeschooling so I will still be reading it daily), Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl Of Great Price, Old Testament, and New Testament.  This is going to be tough for me....That is a lot of reading!
5.  Sew a quilt.  I don't sew.  I have sewn a few things...But for some reason I feel the need to sew a quilt....Actually I am changing that to sewing the aprons I got patterns and fabric for last January. AND the pillows I want to recover with the amazing fabric I bought myself for Christmas. :)  If I accomplish those I will then sew a quilt...I am trying to be realistic here people.
6.  Do more of the wonderful things I see on Pinterest and not feel guilty for being addicted to it. :)
7.  Do the 30 day mom challenge every single month of this year.  If I miss a day I will just move on.
8.  Go on tons of dates with Aaron to make up for all the dates we should have gone since he started working 3rd shift when he gets the job he is interviewing for tomorrow. :) 
9.   Leaving this one blank for something I am not ready to let the world know yet (NO I AM NOT PREGNANT...I would have no problem telling everyone if I was.),  but will soon...Mysterious I know...:)
10.  Be nicer to myself so I am nicer to my loved ones.
11.  Make more time to read my favorite blogs...Which I have run out of time to do tonight but I will be doing tomorrow...I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with everything you guys have been up to!
12.  When painting a room/rooms this year I am going to be the tortoise not the hare.  I like it to be done so I can stand back and see how pretty it is.  This year I will take my time painting so I don't have to do some much fixing. :)  That is a random one I know but I need to work on it...and I am thinking it will carry over into other facets of my life not just painting. Examples would be:
   -Weight loss: it is better to lose 2 pounds a week, than to quickly lose 12 and stop there because I have driven myself crazy.
   -Organization: It is better to start with one closet-not all the closets in the house at once....
   -Homeschooling: Don't drive myself (or Jake) crazy with new ideas 3 days after trying another idea.  Give it chance to work...or not.
   -Sew an apron before jumping right into a quilt....
See where I am going with this?  Baby steps need to be made.  It doesn't all have to happen really quick.  I can let an idea marinade-I don't have to do it pitifully right when I think of it.

*Back to the brain declutter part of this...Am I the only one who puts away all the Christmas ornaments...only to find that one ornament or little candle holder you forgot to put away...and then you just stick it in a random place instead of pulling out the huge heavy Rubbermaid again?...then you curse that little ornament the whole year every time you open the drawer you stuck it in...just to realize it really isn't the ornaments fault but it is easier than admitting you were being lazy....? Please tell me you do that too.

*Sadie is a year old already and she is a pretty good dog in spite of how horribly we spoil her.  She is simply too adorable to resist.  Every morning Jake and I cuddle her on our bed and she talks to us (you know how dogs "talk" to you when you find their itchy spot?  It may just be my dogs...I talk to them so much they talk back), and gives us millions of kisses.  She is a mess and we love her. 

*I am going to go back and post my Christmas pictures and change the date to make it look like I actually posted them last year.  The great part of this is that I am in no rush because no one will really see it since it will come up several posts back.  No pressure is a good thing. :)

*We are changing out the counter tops here in my mom and dad's house and we haven't had a kitchen sink since Friday.  Kitchen sinks are really important.  We have been washing dishes in the bathroom. Actually rinsing them and putting them into the dishwasher we can't use until the sink is back in...I feel a little like I might barf when I think of washing dishes in a bathroom.  Not even possible in my book-way to many germs to even think it is getting clean.  I went in the bathroom yesterday and there was a plastic container that had been holding taco meat soaking in the sink....Since I am the mother of a boy and wife of a man who has the tenancy to act like a boy, I will just tell you that the little bits of meat reminded me of pooh and I vomited a little in my mouth.  I DO NOT do well with "bathroom germs" as I call them.  I was very appreciative to my dad when he cleaned it out because I just couldn't do it.  Seriously gross.  Sorry if you live in a house full of girls and aren't used to hearing things like that but it had to be said. I am adding thank you for kitchen sinks to my prayers tonight. :)

Okay that is enough decluttering for now...I feel like I have more space in there and less stress already. :)