Monday, January 16, 2012

Jake right now...in 2012.

We do this every year.  Here it is from 2011.  We missed 2010 I guess because I couldn't find it...Part of  my posts from 2009 and 2008 aren't up anymore...Aaron saved them somewhere but I can't remember where so I can't link up to it. That was back when I couldn't put any more pic's on my blog...long story.  The posts still exist I just can't remember where.  I am going to print them I just haven't yet. :)

Really quickly before I go on with the tradition: check out Jake's bangs in this picture of Aaron measuring him:
He will kill me if he knows I am putting this on here but it is my blog and we are documenting our life here!  Last week Jake was sick...That really doesn't have anything to do with the story but he says it does.  It was in the morning before Aaron left work (Jake keeps saying: "My dad is a teacher.", with a big grin on his face.  He thinks it is pretty awesome...okay back to story) and I was walking down the hall.  Jake came out of his room and stood in front of me.  I immediately noticed that he had massacred his bangs.  Have you seen the movie Dumb & Dumber?  If so picture Lloyd Christmas with his "pumpkin pie hair-cutted freak" hair do.  Yep that bad.  Jake needed a trim in the front and around his ears but other than that his hair was perfect!..Before he cut it I mean...In his feverish, sickly, state (he really was sick poor kiddo) he got annoyed by his bangs being in his eye a little and cut it...with safety scissors...I was a little ticked off at first because he never cut his hair when he was 4 like other kids do...He did it at 10 YEARS OLD...After a few minutes I could laugh about it-which Jake liked even less than me being mad. :)  I fixed it the best I could...and by mistake took a chunk out of one spot...I forgot that I was using a smaller guard than usual for winter..He has never had a professional hair cut and I have NEVER messed up so bad...Poor kid.  Any way-it will grow and Jake will never do it again because he was pretty bummed with the results.  Sorry Jake-I had to post it-for posterity's sake. :)

Back to our originally scheduled broadcast...

Height: 57 3/4 inches
Shoe size: 5
Clothes size: 12 for pants and XL for shirts.  He even has a couple of men's size small in the athletic cut (they are slimmer than regular cut) because they didn't make that particular Star Wars shirt in kids. :)
Fav. color:  the color of bacon  (we had bacon cheese burgers for dinner tonight...)
Fav. food:  Creamy Crock Pot Chicken
Fav. drink:  Chocolate milk
Fav. dessert:  Fudge
Fav. book:  Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo.
Favorite TV shows:  Phineas & Ferb, Lego Ninjago, Lego Star Wars the Padawan Menace (TV special).
Favorite Wii games:  The Legend of Zelda-Sword Skyward, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Lego Harry   Potter years 5-7 (last years was the old H.P-this year it is the new one.
Favorite things to do: Play the Wii, Play with Sadie, and play with Mommy.
Favorite songs:  Party Rocker Anthem, Live Like Your Dying-Kris Allen, I'm Yours-Jason Marez
Favorite place to be: With family.
Things you couldn't live with out (things not people):  Wii-which includes the TV, Lego's, 4 wheelers. (When he heard the answers from last year he wanted to change his 4 wheelers answer to Blue Boo-his blanket he has had his whole life)
Best friends: Corey, Spencer, and Mommy.
Goals for 2012: Be nicer, think about other peoples feelings, appreciate Sadie more.
Habits to break in 2012: Picking on Sadie so much, and stop being annoying.