Saturday, January 14, 2012

Brain Declutter: Because random is the best I can do right now....

Yes, we have been busy.  Yes, I do have pictures to prove it.  No, I am not going to post them because I just don't feel like it. I have been slightly anti-blogging as of late.  Not sure why but I am just not feeling it.  It could be because Aaron is home more (only 4 more days of 3rd shift!!!!) and I would rather hang out with him (....or maybe because I love the mindlessness of Pinterest.  I think it is a little of both).  Two weeks from yesterday we are going on a date.  We don't have any money so it may just be a throw back to our courting days-Taco Bell; but that works for me.  Aaron will be home past 9:00pm and not have to sleep during the day...I think I remember what that used to be like...

Jake has been sick this week so there has been a LOT of TV watching and video gaming.  I know that sounds really pitiful but I think if you are really sick (not just faking) than you should be allowed to do things that cheer you up since you are all pitiful otherwise.  Jake was coughing up a lung and asked me to give him and hug and to say: "Oh my poor baby!" which apparently I used to do when he was little much more frequently than I do know.  It makes him feel better he says.  So I have been saying it a lot.  A few coughing fits he had to say "say it Mommy..." to remind me.  What can I say?  He is growing up and I am kind of okay with it (I don't really have a choice). I have learned when bigger kids are sick it okay to treat them like they are little.  I am making that note to self so I won't forget it next time.

On a similar topic, I just realized the other day that I don't have to cut the crust off Jake's bread anymore...I don't even know when that happened!  What kind of mother am I to not notice these changes?!  Just kidding.  I have beat myself up enough over not really remembering what his first word was (I am pretty sure it was Mama...) so I don't feel so guilty about the whole crust thing.  Am I the only one who isn't really the mother I thought I would be and it took me several years to realize that is okay?  I am a good mom.  Good enough that Jake tells me I am the best mom and that I am his best friend.  That is something right?   He has others too (best friends...not mom's) of course but he doesn't "hate" me.  I have seen some kids "hate" their parents by this age....so sad they don't rock as much as me.  I am humble too... :) Good enough that having a slumber party with me is still fun...even if we are pretending to be Ninjago (if you don't know what that is than you don't have a Lego lover in your house...) characters and in the middle of a battle (not acting it out jumping around-just doing the voices) I hear him say "okay it is time to go to sleep" because I am already dozing off...I don't remember what his first word was!  So shot me.  I do remember he said it to me and he still says a lot of things to me that parents don't hear from their kids at his age.  I am good with that. :)  I am trying to remember that he won't care if I didn't write in a journal every day of his life (that was my plan...that never happened) to make of a record everything thing he did.  The only person that puts that amount of stress on me is me.  In 2012 I will not do that to myself any more.

In my head, I have the paint color picked out in every room in "my/our house" in SC  Have I mentioned that here yet?  I blog in my brain so sometimes I can't remember if I really posted it our have it stored in my brain...Please tell me you do that too my blogging buddies?  I have looked at a house that is for sale 3 times now.  It is 2 houses down from Nana and Papa.  It is walking distance from the Martin's (the Martin's=cousins that are awesome, and sister/brother/in-laws that are...well they are redonk!). And it is in the town that Aaron was born and raised in. It is a big yard that backs up to the woods we go "4 wheelin!" (picture Aaron saying this in a really crazy voice while we are going insanely fast on the 4 wheelers and having a blast).  It is a great deal (the potential to be very cheap....) and it is a dream right now that I am slightly obsessed with.  What can I say it is fun to decorate a house in your mind whether you are actually going to live there or not, right?  We shall see if it is in the cards to be there in "my house".  If not there will always be other "my houses" but they will all be in Aaron's home town because that is where we want to be and where we know the Lord wants us to be.  We will just have to see if His timing is the same as ours and "our house".  And no that isn't #9 for anyone who is still wondering what that is...Keep wondering because I am still not quite ready to tell yet. :)

And on last bit of randomness that just popped into my head like all the rest of this has:  I have actually seen a movie that was better than the book.  There is a first time for everything!!!  The movie is "The Help".  I read the book and liked it.  I loved parts of it and hated other parts, so that averages out to liking it.  The movie I heard was amazing.  I didn't see it in the theater and I have waited since it came out on DVD for a little while. I finally decided to rent it and LOVED it!  Which never happens to me.  I usually wait too long and build up how great it is going to be in my head and them I am disappointed.  A great example of that would be: "The Blind Side".  Great movie-don't get me wrong!  But I was bummed because I was told by so many people I was going to cry & I knew too much about it...so it was a let down...even though it was good.  Please tell me you know what I mean....The Help was not a let down because it was way better than the book!  My apologies to the author....

Enough for now...I am heading to bed.  As a friend of ours father likes to say: "Church comes early in the morning!"   I chuckled a little when I typed that because I hear it in the voice of mocking from a couple people who will remain nameless...Don't feel bad if you are wondering why I think it is funny...Or if you are wondering why I am typing that at all...because I am starting to wonder that my self.  Anywho!  The longer I declutter my noggin of randomness, the greater the chance I have of dozing off at Church like I did while playing Ninjago with Jake at our slumber party. :) Goodnight!