Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WHAT?!?!

IT'S DECEMBER 1st???That means I have 2 days to:
1. Figure out how to pack 10 days worth of stuff into carry on bags (I am not paying $50 for a suitcase to travel with us to Seattle!)...all with out Jake knowing. And of course worry and wonder if we will one of the lucky (sarcasm) people at the airport that could be groped or looked at in the buff by the TSA at the airport. Yes, I remember 9/11. Yes, I believe in security checks, but this is RIDICULOUS!
2. Grocery shop for food Aaron can eat while we are gone that doesn't take long to prepare since he will be studying for exams, while trying to get some actual sleep in a quiet house. Also with out Jake knowing it....Which brand is your favorite for frozen pizza Aaron? I usually try to cook meals and freeze them but it is not happening this time...Sorry...
3. Make sure I have everything ready for the class Christmas party (I am the classroom mom for Jake's class), which includes figuring out and getting all the materials for 3 crafts for 28 kiddos (I am having parents chip in-that is a lot of kids and we are poor college students). Which means after I go to work and Jake goes to school we will be taking a trip to the closest craft store (close to 30 minutes) to figure out what those crafts are going to be...If you look up procrastination in the dictionary there will be a picture of me with a long To Do list in my hand.
4. Type up a letter to send all the parents in Jake's class to solicit money for a group gift for his teacher...and a couple of bucks to cover the crafts!
5. Work today and tomorrow...Which seriously cuts into the hours I have to do everything else...
6. Keep the house clean. We had a Primary presidency meeting at my house yesterday which worked perfectly for me! It forced me to make sure the house was clean while we were gone. And I bribed Jake with $1 per room to help me. We dusted, vacuumed and organized every room in the house. I don't usually pay him to help me, but I wanted to get it done in record time and I wanted him to have a little spending money for the trip....Which he still has no clue about!!! We will be taking lots of pictures of his reaction to finding out!
7. Add in a trip to the post office, bank, and....I am sure some where else? Oh yeah-I remember! To Target to print the pictures (we still have to take) for our Christmas letters. And of course typing and copying the letter that will be going with the picture...Then addressing and mailing the letters....
8. And last but not least decorate for Christmas! We haven't even put the tree up yet!!!...I think Jake maybe missing Cub Scouts tonight...He needs to go to bed early anyway to get ready for the 3 hour time change he doesn't even know it coming....
9. Nana I will be calling you today! Can you come up for a visit and go to Jake's Christmas feast on Wednesday 12/15? I will have to work I am sure and Aaron will be finishing his last exam!...I told Jake we wouldn't be able to go and he said "Let's call Nana!!!" I will call you! :)
Are there enough hours in the days to accomplish all this? There has to be... :) I can't wait!!!!!