Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's Official...There Are 2 Math Nerds In Our House...



..And I am not one of them. Jake got a letter home from school on Monday saying he has qualified for AIG placement in math. As I read it to Jake he got all concerned and asked if that meant he was dumb...Um, no dude it means the opposite. You are a smarty pants. I just got back from a meeting discussing how Jake will be in AIG (Academically and Intellectually Gifted) for math. Aaron is a math major (crazy right?), and Jake is a math genius. I hate math. I mean I really hate math. But in this house being a nerd is a good thing. It means you are smart...Maybe it will rub off on me a little because in math-they lost me after fractions! They also want Jake to take a test over the summer because to qualify in reading there are 2 scores that are important. In one of them you have to have a 93% and Jake had a 95%. On the other part you have to have a 90% and Jake had a 89%. They feel like he should be in the reading program too but legally they can't put him in the class if he doesn't test high enough. So, we will have him take the test this summer and see what happens. I am so excited to know they are finally seeing that Jake needs to be challenged and I am SO excited about the awesome AIG teachers. They seem SOOO GREAT! I AM SO PROUD OF MY NERDS!