Friday, June 11, 2010

First Day of Summer Vacation!...And I am all alone...

Aaron and Jake just left with Papa Harmon to go to Virginia and watch Sara, our oldest niece, graduate from high school!!!!! How can it be that she has grown up so fast?!!!! Mike (Aaron's big bro.) and Terri (his awesome wife), you guys are old. :) J/K. I have to work tomorrow so I couldn't go. So this is how Aaron has felt all these years we left him behind to work, while we went and partied. I am blessed with a wonderful husband! Thanks Aaron for being awesome. While they are gone I am actually looking forward to tackling the pantry and linen closets that have become black holes.

I LOVE SUMMER VACATION! If I had my way Jake would just never go back to school. Its really just gets in the way of all the fun we could be having. But I guess you gotta do...

What are our plans for summer? Not much! Just fun. Next week should be a ball (sarcasm)...The Bi-Lo schedule was laying out and I peeked at it to see what hours I would be working next week...With Aaron into his summer semester (one class @ 8-9:30 am) and Jake home, I have to modify my work schedule and can't go into work until 10:30. That just happens to be perfect timing for....U-Scan. 11am-7pm...8 torturous hours...Running a cash register is SOOO fun! I really do love it. The sounds, the buttons, seeing how fast I can scan, talking all day...etc. But I am not a fan of the U-Scan (I know you all know this already...). I try SO hard to keep a positive attitude, but it is soooooooooooo hard. One of the other cashiers, who also runs U-Scan, says when people step up to the U-Scan it is like they "turn on their stupid". Truer words have never been spoken. That mixed with the attitudes make it a real bummer....I have 35 hours of U-Scan next week (or that is what it looks like. I am crossing my fingers that it isn't all U-Scan.)...Aaron reminded me this was a blessing and I grudgingly agreed. Thank you Heavenly Father for answering some of our prayers. You must not have heard the one about letting someone break into Bi-Lo and steal or demolish (whichever one works better for you) the U-Scan machines. Just kidding (kind of) I didn't pray for that. And I am sooo happy to have a job and work with nice people. I am thankful to be given so many hours because there are tons of cashiers at work who only get 5 hours a week. I am thankful I swear. And I know Heavenly Father is soooo looking out for my family. I am blessed and thankful...I am blessed and thankful...I am gearing myself up for staying positive at U-Scan. Pray for me...Seriously. I know there are worse things I could be doing (example-cleaning public restrooms..), I am just hoping if I tell enough people and you all are praying for me too, I will be able to not go crazy...Or more crazy. I also know this too shall pass...