Monday, November 9, 2009

We are finally "homeless"!!!

We finally closed on the sale of our house on Friday, (after many delays-the people buying our home were getting a USDA loan. After seeing how the government handled the processing of their loan, I am even more concerned about them taking over health care too...pray they don't people-seriously!) and I am sooooo glad! That means I have a computer again. My parents let me use theirs but they have had a lot going on and I don't want to be sitting and blogging if they needed it. My mom was getting ready for her last training as the Stake Relief Society President and my dad has been trying to get all the insurance information in order from his old job. He was a pilot for Wachovia and when they were bought by Wells Fargo they laid off the whole flight department. They decided that it would be a good time to go on a mission. They have also been getting all the paper work for that together. During my dad's physical they found out that he has prostate cancer. They caught it very early and he is going to be able to do the radiation treatment and not even delay their mission. So, it has been pretty busy around here!
I don't think I ever explained why or where we moved to. We moved back to the Charlotte area so Aaron can go back to school. In about 2 1/2 years he will have his Bachelors (finishing this off)in Construction management, a minor in math, his masters and teaching certificate. It is perfect timing because with my parents going on a mission we have a place to stay! They didn't want to sell their house and we needed a cheap place to stay. Jake and I came down about a month ago, when we thought we were going to be closing right away, to get him going at his new school. Aaron is going to keep doing his online classes and keep working until Christmas (unless he gets laid off before that...).The only bummer is that he will only be here on the weekends until then, but the money in the bank will make it worth it. It is amazing how Heavenly Father is mindful of our needs and makes the path clear for us. My parents are getting ready to go to Uruguay to visit my sister and her family this week until right before Christmas. My dad will have his surgery were they will implant radiation "seeds" into his prostate when he gets back, so please keep him in your prayers.
So, our computer is sitting on the giant desk in our, room that Aaron will be studying on for a couple of years and I am so happy! We have felt very good about the decisions we have made for Aaron to go back to school and to have the plans all work out is no coincidence. We can see Heavenly Fathers hand in it all and we feel so blessed.