Sunday, August 24, 2014

A week in review...

Our first day of HIS co-op was on Monday the 18th. Who is the young man that doesn't look like he is getting ready to turn 13 but 16!?!?!
Art class was a hit!
Everyone had fun busily creating a collage that would be the cover of their Art Portfolio and getting to know each other.
Science was awesome too.  We learned about molecules and atoms with a battery, wires, water, and baking soda.


The copper changed the water green-blue pretty quickly and it was so cool.
We put a completely new shinny penny in the water and a couple minutes later it looked like this:
Jake and the other kids with summer/August birthdays were celebrated.
And our co-op has GROWN!  Doubled in fact-which is a great thing!
And of course there was the playing in the gym to make the day complete.
This was after most of our friends were gone.  We are often the last ones to leave. :)
After co-op we headed to the library to practice our memory work (based on US History) with some of our friends. You are looking at a picture of "one room schooling" at it's finest.  Grades represented: 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 8th.
We are going to learn about the systems of our bodies so we will need paper bodies to use the whole year to add too.
Later in the week we decided an extended recess was need so we took advantage of Aunt Sheila's pool.


I love this picture.

Jake is serious about the suction of his goggles!  Nee was with us but I tend to focus my camera on my favorite face.  We had fun playing Marco Polo and Categories (one person says a category like ice cream.  The other people pick a flavor and the person who is it calls out flavors.  When you flavor is called you try to cross the pool with out getting tagged by the person who is it).  Nee learned you should never jump into the shallow (3 feet) end...ever!
Aaron and Jake restarted guitar lesson and Jake has been doing a great job practicing daily.
I am in continual planning mode.  I was searched the house for my three whole punch...do you see that is was in front of me the whole time?  It took me 10 minutes (at least) to realize that...
And on Friday nigh-it was my night to pick the movie for our traditional Friday night pizza and movie night.  I have watched so many super hero, intergalactic, boy movies that I thought it was time for a chick flick...Decisions, decisions...I choose Pride and Prejudice and after explaining what was going on through out the movie, they declared that it wasn't half bad. :) 
On Saturday Jake went to a lake day with the Youth from church and came back with a very red face.  Aaron and Jake watched Star Wars on Saturday night while I tried to organize more of the office/school room..This is what I got done...
 I almost bought paperclips and...
 ...Sharpies this week.  I am glad I didn't.  I need it in my face to remember we already have what we need.  This is a sneak peek of the amazingness that will be the office/school room!


It was a pretty good week. :)