Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I Can't Fall Asleep...

...because my brain keeps talking to me.  I have said it before and I will say it again: I do my best thinking in bed when I can't fall asleep.  So tonight, instead of just laying there thinking good thoughts I wouldn't remember to write down the next day, I decided to get up and write some of it down.  Here are some of the things I have decided:

*I am not going to be a Grinch this year!  I love Christmas but for the past few years I haven't been as excited about the decorations, preparations...any of the stuff that makes a lot of extra things to dust or clean up after...you know what I mean. I was being Grinchy. I am over that phase and ready to decorate for Christmas!!!  I don't mean tomorrow or anything.  But I am going to have everything ready to go for the day after Thanksgiving.  I am excited!!!!  So excited that I am skipping my Fall painting and going right to Christmas.  Why paint something when it won't even be up for a month?! 

*We are going to have a "Christmas craft that you can use for gifts" day in our art class at co-op and I am excited about that too!!!  Jake and I will be doing some testing to prep for that this week.  First a trip to the Dollar Tree....

*We have 4 Mondays left of co-op for this semester (it is seriously going by way too fast...) and we are doing and awesome class project that I will post about later, a Christmas craft day, a free art (finish up the gifts, class project, and just be creative while listening to Christmas music!  Oh and the last day we are having an Art Christmas Party which while consist of us decorating desserts for our Christmas luncheon that day.  I haven't really posted much of what we have been doing in art because I have been so slack with blogging lately.  If my brain hasn't shut off after I am done with this I will see what photos I have to post.

*Next Monday our co-op is having a meeting (the 1st Monday of the month we get pizza and have cupcakes to celebrate the birthdays for that month) along with our pizza day and we are going to be discussing plans for next school year.  I have found that if I wait until the Spring to plan the next year I am spending more on books that I could have bought 2nd hand through out the year.  For example: we are doing Physical Science this year and apparently everyone else is too because there was not a used copy to be found in the surrounding area (I got lucky and got to borrow one).  If we have a general plan we know what to expect and can keep our eyes peeled for bargains.  If I wait until Spring I make split second decisions (because I am kind of ready for a break!) that I later regret...I mentioned this to a couple of friends in co-op and they felt the same way.  I mentioned it to our amazing director and she agreed it would be a good idea to start discussing it and see what people's wish list for classes would be...and then she asked me to run the meeting.  Which is no big deal-we are all friends and moms...it just means I am on a fact gathering mission to map out how many kids we have in what grades-"ish". I say "ish" because when you are homeschooling the grade level lines are a little blurred.  Jake is in the 8th grade but according to public school all his classes this year are 9th grade level and will earn him high school credits.  So we say his is 8th/9th grade. But any way-back to the subject!  I need to figure out what classes the "official high schoolers" are doing and have done the past couple of years so we can see what is needed...That type of thing.  So that was on my mind...but other more fun things have replaced it.  I will probably stay awake tomorrow night wondering about that...

*I have been thinking of the Christmas gifts I have already gotten-the nieces (we have 7) are all bought for and I have several gifts for Aaron.  I have one for Jake and others in mind.  I have a plan for the family gifts and Grandparent gifts....I even have a plan for the wrapping paper...

*I tend to over estimate my skills (and funds) while I think at night about projects I want to do.  For example, I think it would be fun to have holiday pillows...but then I remember I don't sew...by myself.  I sew when my mom is there to tell me exactly what to do.  I can't remember how to put the thread in the sewing machine for two reasons: 1.)  I don't own one  2.)  When I do use my mom's it is at her house and she knows how to do it so well that it seems like a better idea to let her do it.  She shows me every time but when you only do it every year (at the most...) or so you don't really retain the information.  And since my mom is getting ready to go to Bolivia for about 3 weeks there isn't a whole lot of time to make the pillows....especially when there are PJ pants to be made...(maybe...)

Okay...This was supposed to be a list of the plans I needed to do and it just turned into a list of things I was thinking about-not the plan.  I am not sure how helpful this was....but maybe it cleared my mind enough to sleep!