Thursday, February 27, 2014

What a difference a can of paint makes....


 You know how I said I was in a funk?  It must have been going on  much longer then I thought...We moved in to this house last April.  I had to paint the kitchen because I hated the color.  No offense Erin (my sweet sister-in-law who had to pick out paint colors on line...that never works...and is the one who picked out the green you see on the back wall).  I don't hate the color really-there was just WAY too much of it.  Aaron and Jake picked out a color that, although I do not hate, just didn't work for me.  The blue that was supposed to be more gray on the right wall....
 So....back to the funk.  I painted half the kitchen the color Aaron and Jake choose last April...You can see where I tested several other colors since and never really found what I was looking for.  So I did nothing...which is so not me.  I usually go into Lowe's see a paint chip color I like (in about 2 minutes), buy it, paint the room, and live happily ever after.  Now fast forward about 10 months later and Aaron came home with a paint chip one of the homeowners he is working with has picked out for their house.  He liked it and thought I would too.  He was right...
 The picture above is the first wall painted with my new favorite color...It looks gray (lighting isn't so hot) but it is really blue/green.  The funny part is I was planning on painting the dinning room (which I did and I love that too but the room isn't put back together yet.  Pictures of that later...) and my mom called while I was taping and said she would come help.  We are a good team.  Mom is the edger and I am the roller.  We ended up rocking out two rooms in a little over 3 hours.  Yep we rock.  And yep that is Mom on top of the fridge.

Bye bye ugly green...


Hello my lovely new light bluish-greenish kitchen....


The funk is leaving me...

One more thing...

Here is the before of the dinning room.  It doesn't usually look like that-all messy and stuff  (okay sometimes it does) but that is when I was moving stuff to paint.  The table is obviously the best place for stuff.

The color was okay, but a little too "flesh tone" for me...I love it now and will show you later!

And we are painting the living room this afternoon. :)  More on that later too....