Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014...

 I have to admit I have been somewhat of a holiday slacker as of late.  I used to wake up early on Valentine's Day and make pink heart pancakes and we would eat them on our our heart shaped plates.  But after 4 days of being house bound we did it a little differently this year. 


Aaron had to go back to work so it was just Jake and I for breakfast.  We headed to Chick-fil-A for some heart shaped biscuits which were only kind of heart shaped...But they were delicious!







Then we headed to Krispy Kreme for some heart shaped doughnuts that we shared with Nee and Papa.  We spent the afternoon looking at houses...again.












 This Valentine's Day also marked a first in our house.  This was the first year that Aaron and I went on a date and Jake stayed home all by himself.  When did we get so old that our child is old enough to stay home by himself?!




 (I love the way the light is coming through Jake's hand in this picture...not planned but I love it)
 Jake has been grounded from TV and his Kindle (He has been taking a little too much time to follow instructions lately...) so he was thrilled that I let him play a couple games on his Kindle.  He me made a heart on Mine Craft and on Sandbox to mark the day.

And don't feel bad for Jake.  While Aaron and I ate a piece of pizza at Sam's Club and then went and saw Winter's Tale, Jake watched his new DVD of  "How to Train you Dragon".  He was excited to have the house to himself! 

At our fancy dinner at Sam's Club I drank 1 1/2 of their huge soda's and regretted it when we got to the movies.  I think the movie was good but I was concentrating on not peeing my pants so I will have to see it again when it comes out on DVD.  :)

The words just aren't flowing today...I just wanted to not get ridiculously behind again....Now I really need to stop and clean my house!!!

The End.