Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I am not sure I will ever catch up...

But I will try! Here are some of the things happening around here lately. I always say I will come back and post about them later, but I am making no such promises...I know myself too well. :)

We introduced my Aunt Sheila (I didn't realize her eyes were closed...) to her first Krispy Kreme doughnut that she will be able to enjoy more often because she is moving from VT to SC!!!  Congrats on the purchase of the adorable townhouse!  Can't wait until the move is official and you are living in SC!
We got a new vacuum cleaner. I loved my old Bissel Healthy Home but it had seen better days and the duct tape wasn't even keeping it together any more! I am loving my new Shark but have yet to try the stem vac that came with it. Maybe today will be the day!
I took Jake for breakfast one morning at Chick-fil-A just because he is so dang cute!
I thought we found the perfect house (yes we are house hunting...but not having much luck) but we were out bid. Every time we find one it seems to go under contract (with someone else) the very same day!!!  It will work out when it is supposed to. After owning three homes it is strange to rent, but it has worked out for the best so far. I am trying to remember that things happen in the Lord's time, not mine.  I am still not praying for patients though because every time I do I have had to be!
We enjoyed some of Aaron's famous ribs for my mom's birthday. I don't even like ribs but I love Aaron's!
We have enjoyed our science labs and Lego Robotic Engineering at our homeschool co-op and..Just pretend these words are after Aaron with his Gamecocks apron on (also ignore the still not painted walls behind him...).  I am having some technical difficulties.  My blog is mad I haven' been here for a while so it isn't cooperating...

We have had some...drum roll please...Snow days!!! (No Jake didn't go through the trampoline the snow just makes it look like he did.  Jake presented to me what looked like the perfect snowball.  On further inspection it was one of Sadie's tennis balls with snow on it.  Speaking of Sadie she loves to eat the snow!  I am typing this all above all the snow pictures because of the technical difficulties..not letting me move pic's or type in between right now...not sure why...
 Okay...all the sudden there are spaces that it wouldn't let me put in before...Not going back and changing it now because I am going to get this posted!!!








This is one after I vacuumed three rooms with my new vacuum cleaner. Sadie it is a good thing your are such a sweet dog other wise you would be out of here (I say that but 3 shedding dogs later and I can't live with out them) because I vacuum up this much (if not more) fur every other day.
We retired one of Aaron's basketball shirts, that he has sweated in for so many years of Wednesday night church ball, that the smell can not be washed (or Frebreezed) out of...Random yes-but this shirt has been worn a LOT over several years so it only seemed natural to honor it's memory here...
On another random, but very important note (I don't want to forget), I have found what may be my new favorite pasta. Have you had it before? I am in love...

While Aunt Sheila was here we took her to the Biltmore Estates and it was amazing!  So blessed to have season's passes and four free passes to let friends or family use!

This is how much I hate matching socks...

My guys hanging out...

More Lego Engineering....
A reminder to myself why I lose my phone...I set it down on whatever I pass by with out making a mental note...
We have taken Sadie on walks.  She is a wild child and doesn't like her leash...at all...
We rearranged the homeschool room for the 791st time....One day it will be perfect...

Jake built with Legos-SHOCK!
The view from another house we looked at (this is the view from the front porch...nothing but nature..perfect), only to find out moments later they had literally just excepted an offer. :(
We saw The Lego Movie (with Nee) and it was awesome!!!

Did I say awesome?  Because it was.
Jake even wore his awesome Lego belt.

And we found out there is another Muppets movie coming out-AWESOME! Can you spot Jake and me in the picture?
Have I mentioned we have been Lego Engineering it up?..Maybe once or twice.

Sorry for the blurriness but I had to post the road testing.
Jake is on a homeschooling archery team and on Monday they had an in house mock tournament that will determine who gets to go to state (only 24 middle schoolers can go and we have a lot more than that).  We will find out in a couple of weeks if he gets to shoot at state.  He did a great job and we are praying his score was high enough to qaulify!

And that brings us to today (minus about a million other things I could have posted)!  It's snowing again! :)  We have had a reading day and are getting ready to go play in the snow with friends in just a few minutes.  I should have been doing laundry and cleaning the house but I just had to catch up or I may never have been able to! 

One snow ball this morning....
And then reading.  That's what I call a good day...and the fun is just beginning! :)