Monday, August 3, 2009

Isn't it funny..

..How it seems like it will be a nice little vacation at home when your child is away, but really you still have to do everything you usually do and wonder what your child is doing now..and now...and now! My Mom came down last Wednesday to spend a few days going to the pool and hanging out. She ended up taking Jake with her when she left on Saturday morning, for the week. I have to admit Saturday was a nice break. Aaron was at Youth Conference, so besides the dog I had the house to myself. I watched a couple of shows on HGTV (one of my favorite channels), picked up a little (the house was already ready if someone wanted to stop by unexpectedly to see it), and finally I took a nap. It was nice to relax. But I still wonder what Jake is up to about every other minute. Not because I fear for his safety. I know my mom and dad will take good care of him. I just wonder if he is having fun dressing up and going to a Tea Room (where they will be drinking hot chocolate) with my mom's best friend and her 2 grand daughters that are visiting. Or going to "Monkey Joe's" a child's dream from what I hear. It is basically a big warehouse with every inflatable known to man inside. Or making home made ice cream. I know he is having fun and I am so happy for him. He has spent his summer doing fun things here and there, but mostly just hanging out with the babies I watch. He loves those girls so he doesn't mind. But I do feel guilty that we don't get to be spontaneous and go play in the rain (Sophia is too little-we got caught out in the rain a couple of weeks ago and she was not a fan). Or drop everything and go to the Nature Center for the day. Bella and Sophia are portable but it is hard to let some one else's baby miss their nap time. If they were mine we would just go and live with the sleepless consequences. But the guilt inside me when I send home sleepy, grumpy babies is too much to do it very often. Thank goodness for awesome Grandparents! I know Jake is having a ball and I am so glad for that. I just wonder what he is doing now...and now...and now.