Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm so bummed...I need your help please friends.

(Sorry this is long, but if you could read it and help that would be great!)
Well, as you know we are trying to sell our house. We have had a bunch of people look at it and love it! We have some one who put their house on the market hoping to sell theirs so they can buy ours. Great. We have another single mom who loved it, but after crunching the numbers realized she just can't afford it. Awesome. We then had the cute little family who are 2 weeks a way from closing on another house, but stumbled upon ours and fell in love with it...They then realized it would be very hard to get out of the contract with out losing money and they wanted us to lower the price, pay all $5000 closing costs, and here is the kicker...We are selling it ourselves and they have a real estate agent. Well, to any of you who don't know this (I did. This is our 3rd house) the seller has to pay the real estate agent. So, this cute little family found our house on their own. Looked at it on their own, and left to tell their agent they wanted to buy it. And so you see they wanted us to be okay with paying the above mentioned things and pay their agent, who did nothing. Let me repeat that NOTHING! Pay her 3%! Well, all that adds up to a lot of $$$$$! Who are we, thinking we should actually pay off the mortgage when we sell our house! Sweet.

Here is were my heart break comes in...This cute little early 20 something couple came to look at our house last Thursday. They loved it. They loved it so much that they came back on Sunday to show "Nanny" (his grandmother) and she loved it too. (this is starting to get exciting!!) They call back Monday and want to come immediately to show the next set of grandparents. No problem! I am covered in Sophia puck and there are "Little People" and other toddler toys scattered around my house! Come on over I say as I scramble to put Barney on with one hand and pick up with the other! They come over and guess what? They love it too! Yippeeeeeeee! This is getting good! You see UNCC starts Aug. 25th and Aaron is enrolled to start then. And Jake would start his new school (that we are working to get him transferred into because the school he would go to, in Monroe, already started-year round school- and is HORRIBLE!!!) the same day. Not to mention his 8th birthday is the 28th so he gets baptized that day and in Asheville there is a big church thing going on that makes it almost impossible to get the poor child baptized on his birthday!..Sorry, but selling now as you can see would be nothing less than perfect timing! Well, the phone rings Monday night and they make a ridiculously low offer that wouldn't even pay off our mortgage!...But through negotiating we reach an agreement! Picture me jumping up and down because this couldn't be any more perfect! I can tell the people I sit for, I can only babysit one more week (the next sitter is waiting to take over when the time comes-Thank you Tonya!) and have 2 weeks to pack and actually spend some time with my own child before we move and start the 3rd grade! I am so happy that I can't sleep that night! Thank you Heavenly Father for answering our prayers! Jake is thrilled for the first time about this move! Things are going to work out. They are going to come on Wed. and sign the contract and get the ball rolling to close in 30 days! Then as I am sitting and relaxing Tuesday night, (why clean like a maniac after the little girls leave! I can take a break because the cute little couple is buying our house!) my cell phone rings. I pick it up and it says "Lauren-looked @ house" (this is the wife in the cute little couple who is going to buy our house! I save everyone's phone # who looks at our house like that). I look at Aaron and slowly answer the phone...It is Derrick (cute little couple husband) and he says "I have some bad news. (pause) The family member who was going to help us with our down payment decided they would only give it to us if we buy a new house...And we can't afford your house with out that money." I want to scream "my house is practically new-it is only 2 years old and it is immaculant! I am a germaphobe! I clean all the time!!!" That is what I want to scream, but I don't. I try to feel bad for them at this moment, but really I am only thinking about my cute little family. I am heart broken. So, I didn't sleep last night because I am devasted. Okay, so typing this has totally made me start bawling. At least I am getting it out now. Because since that moment I have felt totally bitter. I don't want to feel this way, but I do. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of me, my family, and our needs. I realize that I need to be patient and it will happen according to his plan. I need your help to feel that way. Please continue to pray for my house to sell. But most of all can you please pray for me to be able to be patient and have a little more faith. I know it will work out. I know it could be so much worse. I know I need to just get over it. But I can't right this second. I need to be bummed for a minute. I am bummed that next week Aaron is going to have to drop his classes that aren't online, because we aren't going to be there on time. I woke up this morning and cleaned again from top to bottom to start this process all over again. I am so tired of cleaning. I got my hopes up too high. It was just too perfect to work out I guess. So, I am going to have my little pity party, get over it, and sell this stinking house I love so much. Just keep me and my family in your prayers please. Thanks in advance ladies.