Monday, August 10, 2009

Just what I needed.

My house selling blues were replaced with a weekend of fun! Aaron's little brother, Matt, got married on the 8th of August and it was just what I needed to leave reality behind and focus on the big picture for a few days. We went on Thursday night, with all the family, for Matt and Erin (his new wife who is also my former Beehive-for non-members this means I was one of her youth leaders when she was 13 and I was 23!)to go through the temple for the first time. My mother-in-law was beaming! It was the first time all her children and spouses were in the temple together. It was a wonderful experience. It is a great reminder of what Heaven is going to be like. I am so excited to have a new sister-in-law. I have the best and to add another that was already a great friend was perfect!

We spent Friday chopping food and decorating for the reception on Saturday and we had a blast doing it! Saturday morning we all headed to the Temple for the Sealing (marriage for eternity ceremony) and it was wonderful. My parents were there too so it was another wonderful experience. Columbia South Carolina in August is hot so we took pictures as quickly as possible and I didn't get a whole lot with my camera. The reception was in Spartanburg that evening and we had a great time dancing!

The temple is always the perfect place to step out of the world and think about what is really important. I needed it and I feel soooo much better. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. I know that he his mindful of my needs. I know that he only wants me to be happy. I am going to be patient and now that this house will sell when it is supposed to. I know that Heavenly Father knows better than I do what the plan for my family is and I am putting my faith in him. This doesn't mean it won't be frustrating sometimes or things will always go smoothly. It means that Heavenly Father will work it all out as long as we are doing our part! I am so thankful for the temple and the knowledge I have that I can be with my family forever!

My cute new sister-in-law, Erin Harmon


Jake and Megan (Aaron's older brother's youngest daughter)


Chopping with the ladies in the kitchen! We had so much fun!


Wow...Aaron this is a great picture....Jake took this one of Aaron!


Some of the cousins-Riannon, Sara, Della, Jake, and Megan.


The happy couple! Erin and Matt coming out of the Columbia Temple.


Nana, Papa, and all the Harmon grandchildren!


Jake and his cousins outside the Temple.


Keely doing her Maid of honor duty! By the was she is 24, single, and AWESOME! So if any one knows a good Mormon boy for her to marry let me know. I wish Aaron had another brother!


Jake at the reception with some of his cousins.


Keely and some of the kids on the dance floor.


Aaron, Mike (Aaron's older brother) and Jake after the newlywed's left. The guys of course decorated Matt's Jeep with saran wrap, toilet paper, vasoline under the door knobs, etc...They also took a distributor cable so it wouldn't start!