Monday, August 3, 2009

I forgot about our camping trip!

We went camping The last weekend in July and had a great time. Here are some of the pictures!
Aaron and Jake setting up camp.

We got to Davidson Campground in Pisgah National Forest Thursday evening. We set up camp and had some smores that were yummy!

The next day we hiked to Court House Falls (it is a short easy hike) and swam in the freezing cold water. The water is always cold in Pisgah but this spot had the coldest water I have ever felt and I grew up swimming in a lake in Vermont! This is Jake holding a flower he found for me on the trail.

Aaron in front of Court House Falls.

Eating lunch after we same in the freezing cold water.

Emily is such a sweet dog. She did not like us swimming in that water at all. She would swim around us and try to push us back to land.

Jake and Emily headed back down the trail.

The next day we hiked to John's Rock and this the waterfall you see on the way. I can't remember the name of it, but it was beautiful.



On top of John's rock! It was a long hike but worth it...Except for the copper head on the way and the garter snake that laid in the sun 8 feet away from us while we ate lunch. I didn't eat. I couldn't with that stinking snake so close. I gave my sandwich to Emily. Aaron said he would scare it away but I was afraid it would head right for me and I was sitting on a steep rock and I had already taken my shoes off. I hate snakes...But the veiw was great!



Emily after the hike. We hiked almost 7 miles so that means she probably hiked at least 10. She runs with Jake and comes back to see us, then off the trail...You get the picture. She was tired, we all were!

Packing up camp!