Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Firsts...

 It has been a long time since Jake's first steps, first words, and first day of school.  We are back in a stage of firsts and a whole different bunch of emotions are coming to the surface for me.  I am not the mom of a boy any more.  I am the mom of a young man.  Jake is a Deacon now and he passed the sacrament for the first time and went to Priesthood on September 8th.  He went to Mutual (our church's Wednesday night activity) for the first time on the September 11th.  This Saturday he will attend his first Priesthood session of Conference (and the ice cream social before it) with Aaron. Today he got his first Temple recommend.  We are going to the Temple on October 14th and we are so excited!  He was grinning from ear to ear when he came out of the Bishops office.  Aaron and I were too.  So was the Bishop for that matter! 
I asked Jake if he wanted me to keep it in my wallet until we went to the Temple so it wouldn't get lost.  But he told me he is keeping it in his special box that he got his pocket watch in.  It seems, to Jake, to be the perfect place to hold important things.

I am so proud of my sweet Jake.  You are an amazing human being!!!  You will always be my baby no matter how big you get.   It is exciting to see your love of the Savior grow everyday.  You are the best. :)







One more thing. . . I have to document this so I will never forget (and so when you are 16 and I embarrass, I can remember that you still love me):  It made me so happy when you called to tell me I could pick you up from Mutual and you ended the call by saying "Love you!".  Not all 12 year old's would be comfortable telling their mom they love them in public.  But I am the lucky one!  I couldn't ask for a better son.