Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Farewell to my 2nd home: Bi-Lo (not forever just for now...)

I am a stay-at-home mom. :)  Yesterday was my last day of 5 days a week at Bi-Lo.  (I am going to go in to help with the sales tags so to be kept on the payroll so I can go back if I need too, but that will only be once a month.)  Picture me jumping for joy!  I admit I will miss all my regulars.  The sweet deaf lady that writes me notes on receipt paper to tell me what is going on in her life.  All my coupon ladies that came through U-Scan just to chat.  New grandmother that gives me an update on her precious grand daughters when she comes in.  My favorite fake grumpy guy who is upset if I let anyone else use his U-Scan check out #4.  Free thermometer  lady. "You doing any work today?" guy.  The Yankee Sisters.  Chocolate milk man.  The lovely Queen Redfern (is that not the BEST name you have ever heard?).  Back brace and visor wearing lady. Parents of one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen who toddles over and lets me hold her and talk to her :). Mr. Blessings who owns a cafe in town called "Blessings Cafe" and tells me what is on the menu everyday (and I WILL go and eat there one day I swear!!!).  Cute purse lady. My Norman Rockwell couple. The guy who calls everybody "buddy" (male or female). "Paper bag only" lady.  The lottery ticket family.  My favorite redneck, down-to-earth family.  The VFW men that sell hot dogs on Friday to raise money.  The lady that comes through U-Scan and always gets the same kind of tobacco every time she comes in and I was only able to remember one time what it is called-I remember it now-"Society".  Scamming the system lady  (she uses her Food stamps and coupons to buy all sorts of stuff and sells it out of her garage...Not to mention she knows how to use her coupons so that she gets money back from her food stamps at the U-Scan...a big no-no that is a glich in the system that no one seems to know how to fix), and who claims to be a very strong Christian. My mom regulars who I love to chat with.  The girls that work at the day care right down the road.  All the homeschooling families.  I could go on and on!  I do know a lot of these peoples names but it is much more fun to give them nicknames.

I will also miss all our vendors: the Doritos Lady, the smelly Pepsi guy, The Sun Drop guy, Magazine man, Hershey's lady,  The beer guys...again the list could go on and on.  I will miss my co-workers that became great friends.  I will miss running the register-not U-Scan...I won't miss that at all.  I will miss the beep the registers make when you scan groceries.  I will miss the buttons-how I love to push buttons!!! I won't miss the annoying commercials that come on in the middle of the best songs we play.  I will and will not miss all the drama that small town people like to create to make their lives more interesting. :)  I will miss Senior discount Wednesday when all the sweet old people come in and buy their small amounts of food and stand around to chat and give hugs. If you ever want to feel like your are part of your community than you should be a cashier for a little while.  I have loved it (and hated it)!  I am so looking forward to eating food that isn't warmed up rather than cooked.  I am looking forward to having matching socks because the laundry will be done.  I am looking forward to having a clean house again.  I am looking forward to not feeling guilty this summer that Jake will just be sitting around by himself while I am at work and Aaron has to sleep because he just got off from working 3rd shift.  I look forward to starting homeschooling and getting on a schedule.  I look forward to exercising more.  I look forward to my old and most favorite job in the world (EVER): being a stay-at-home mom.  I look forward to it because I know without a shadow of a doubt that home is where I am supposed and want to be...But I will miss my Bi-Lo...But not for long!  I have to go by there on the way to Jake's school and pick up some ice cream for his party today. :)