Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Don't know what you've got until it's gone...

A couple of months ago I painted this picture:
I liked it but I didn't love it.  I knew it needed something, so I hung it up and looked at it...and looked at it...I couldn't put my finger on what bugged me about it. Tonight at about 10:45, when I should have been in bed already, the creative juices to try to fix it appeared to be flowing...I got out my paint and brushes and went for it....And now I wish I never did...I thought maybe changing the background color would help...It didn't.  I had to dry brush a lighter color over it because it didn't turn out to be the perfect shade of Robin's egg blue/teal that I thought it would be.  Then I decided that since I left a little of the original dark brown background around some of the petals, that maybe if I went in and lined them all (I didn't even finish because it didn't work), it may be just what it needed...Not so much.  I worked on the center of the flower (I am too tired to remember what it is called right now) and it is a little better...maybe?  I give up.  I may just paint over the whole canvas and start over.    I don't know...maybe I like it better...I need to sleep on it and look at it for a while I guess...
What do you think?