Thursday, June 2, 2011

Embracing 35...

That's right I said it, I am 35.  I was going to redo 34 but driving home from Virginia on Sunday something clicked in my brain and I realized no matter what spin I put on it I am still 35...and that is okay. I earned that year, even though on a  personal level I feel like I have accomplished...well nothing this past year!  I know if I really thought about it I probably have but on the surface I feel like it was kind of a flop.  I sound so pitiful and depressed don't I?  I'm not really.  I am just going to look ahead to what this year will bring.  Here are a few things I plan on accomplishing this year.  This year is going to be my year.  My wonderful husband reminded me that I say that every year on my b-day...but I am pretty sure this really is my year...My year to:

*Lose a whole bunch of weight and you won't even know it (because I am so done talking, crying, whining, complaining, dwelling, murmuring, and rationalizing it) until I post a picture of myself and you will all look at my blog and leave me comments saying "You look great!", "How much weight have you lost?", "Great job!".  And I will love myself and actually be able to recognize the person I see in the mirror as the person I have been hiding a way under layers of fat for the past almost decade. :)  This is all I will say about that subject so don't even mention it...until you see a picture that you can say "WOW!" too...I guess I should post a picture of the "wow..." that is me right now so you will have something to compare it too.

*Not make long lists of things that I WANT to do but don't really have TIME to do or Need to do. I will stop adding more pressure to myself.  I did accomplish some of the things on my list that I made the beginning of May.  I read my scriptures ever day except one and I just plan forgot that day.  I did read a few other books (on my Kindle that ROCKS), not all of which are on the original list but things I just plan wanted to read.  I finished my puzzle, but not any of the other projects (that I will do this summer...whenever I decide I have time and really want, rather than feel like I need, to them).  I never got up at 5:30am and I am totally okay with that.  I am not a morning person and I don't think that is ever going to change.  I have done better with exercising-wait I said I wasn't going to talk about it!  I can't even remember what else was on the list...Oh yeah Spring cleaning-negative on that, but it will happen because next week I am done working 5 days a week and we are going to get on an AWESOME schedule immediately after school gets out..Okay-rambling!  You get it-the list was not completed-surprise, surprise.  Moving on...

*Continue to strengthen my testimony.  I will serve more.  I will set a better example to those around me.  I will remember who I am-"at all times, in all things, and in all places".  I will stop neglecting my spiritual needs.

* Take time for me.

*Follow through rather than giving up in all areas of my life that this applies to.

*Be less grumpy.  I will not take my stress out on my family.  I will try not to stress about things out of my control.

*Do better at keeping in touch and reach out and reconnect with people that have touched my life for the better.

*Remember what is important and stop worrying about things that aren't.

*Be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, etc....

 *Doing other things that I see I need to do as the year goes on.

That list is much better than the one I did the beginning of May.  I guess I am already older and wiser.  35 may not be so bad after all....