Friday, August 27, 2010

My Favorite Day: August 28th

Nine years ago at 10:12 pm, a 21 inch, 9 pound 8 ounce baby (yep 9 1/2 pounds...) named Jacob Aaron Harmon finally came into the world. We had waited for what seemed like an eternity for you-our sweet bundle of joy to come to Earth and start filling up our lives with all your goodness! And you have been filling our lives with wonderful memories every day since!

Only a loving Heavenly Father would send us one of his best creations! We loved you the minute we knew you were coming to our family! Truthfully we loved you a lot longer than that-but it was hard to imagine just how wonderful you would be. The best part is you are even more wonderful than we even imagined! You have changed our lives and we are so thankful for you every second of every day!!!!

Jake you are smart, funny, sweet, kind, loving, easy going, out going, imaginative, energetic, sensitive, caring, quick witted, amazing, understanding, forgiving, trustworthy, honest, friendly, wonderful, etc.!!!! I could go on, and on but I know you really want to get to the fun part of your birth day: presents, cookie cake, playing, being treated like a king...Aren't birthdays great? Your birthday was so great 9 years ago-the happiest day our lives! Every year just gets better as we watch you learn and grow. If you wouldn't mind slowing down the whole growing up thing I wouldn't mind one bit. :)

Happy Birthday Jake!!!! I love you with all my heart! You are my baby-and always will be. You are my sweet boy. You are my best friend! I am so proud of you. I hope Daddy and I can make your 9th birthday half as special as you make every other day of the year for us!